The time has come for an Atari 5200 SD card holder (3D printed of course)

- Ω -

Okay, there are lots of guys with 3D printers out there, so I'm asking one of you to design what may be a popular item and could be for other platforms as well.  Specifically what I want is an SD card holder for the AtariMax cartridge that snaps into place on the vents on top of the 5200.  It would only need to be 5.5 inches wide, 1 inch tall and 3/16ths of an inch thick with little tabs that go into the vent grooves at the bottom.  It could hold two SD card in place, where you need them, with your game machine.  Production cost would be minimal, so there is a profit possible.  I'll buy the first one!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Why do you need more than a single SDcard for the AMax? Even the 2gb one it came with originally had more room in it than would ever be needed? I just chose to use a higher speed SDcard so that the FMV demos would run smoother but other than that...

So I'm just curious why you have more than a single SDcard?

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

7 hours ago, CrossBow said:

Why do you need more than a single SDcard for the AMax? Even the 2gb one it came with originally had more room in it than would ever be needed? I just chose to use a higher speed SDcard so that the FMV demos would run smoother but other than that...

So I'm just curious why you have more than a single SDcard?

I have one for games that I usually play as I don't like to scroll through a bazillion titles just to get to what I want to play.  I have another SD card for everything (backup) and a third SD card for games that I may play "now and then", as well as prototypes for testing.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

12 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I have one for games that I usually play as I don't like to scroll through a bazillion titles just to get to what I want to play.  I have another SD card for everything (backup) and a third SD card for games that I may play "now and then", as well as prototypes for testing.

Wow okay. I just created folders for my stuff and put them in that way so I can access what I'm looking for pretty quickly. So I have a Diagnostics folder where all the diagnostic roms are located..and then I usually create one for Arcade ports. 8-bit ports...etc. I don't have a complete library on my 5200 cart though, just stuff I'm likely to want to play because I figured I can always get the roms for the games at any time.

I've seen similar SD card trays for the ODE devices for the Dreamcast/Saturn, but that has more to do with the fact that SDcards over 64GB can be pricey so it is best to just load up the entire library of those games onto a few different SDcards and that I understand given the much larger sizes of those game images compared to very tiny size of the classic console games.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

This is a long shot, but what if there was an ODE for the Jaguar CD? I know there kind of is the the JagGD. But, I was curious, even though I don't want to get one like that. That is, unless I can get a JagGD cartridge, which is horrendously expensive, even in US dollars. I would not want to get an ODE because of the fact I wouldn't want to alter my Jag CD player, if they were built of course. But, could one be possible? It might be complicated to design one. Thanks. :O)