James Webb Telescope

- Ω -

On 10/11/2023 at 10:39 PM, - Ω - said:

<< THIS ARTICLE >> is rather interesting.  It's a planet nearly identical (in size) to Earth.

Interesting.  But humans don’t need to go to another planet.  We can’t take care of this one, why do we need to go screw up another one?  Aliens fly by this one and roll their windows up as fast as they can. Only the dumb aliens come to visit because they don’t know no better. 

They have been trying for a long time now to find other planets like ours and I do hope they find them.  Some want to find other life forms, others want to simply find other planets like ours that are capable of supporting life as we know it.  But until we can repair our planet we really don’t need to move in to another planet.  It wouldn’t survive our way of living.

11 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Interesting.  But humans don’t need to go to another planet.  We can’t take care of this one, why do we need to go screw up another one?  Aliens fly by this one and roll their windows up as fast as they can. Only the dumb aliens come to visit because they don’t know no better. 

They have been trying for a long time now to find other planets like ours and I do hope they find them.  Some want to find other life forms, others want to simply find other planets like ours that are capable of supporting life as we know it.  But until we can repair our planet we really don’t need to move in to another planet.  It wouldn’t survive our way of living.

I'd prefer to hollow out a nickel-iron asteroid of reasonable size leaving at least a mile thick shell to solar block radiation, toss a bunch of ice in it, cap the ends, heat it up and introduce a spin.  It would be like a small city after a few generations of growth and building.  In case of over population or political differences, they could simply start a colony asteroid of their own.  There's plenty of raw materials for the taking out there, and without the gravity well of Earth to hold you down, much of it would be easily accessible.  Planets are nurseries for infant races.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

2 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I'd prefer to hollow out a nickel-iron asteroid of reasonable size leaving at least a mile thick shell to solar block radiation, toss a bunch of ice in it, cap the ends, heat it up and introduce a spin.  It would be like a small city after a few generations of growth and building.  In case of over population or political differences, they could simply start a colony asteroid of their own.  There's plenty of raw materials for the taking out there, and without the gravity well of Earth to hold you down, much of it would be easily accessible.  Planets are nurseries for infant races.

You mean kinda like this?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287191/

The orientation of the habitat's dish towards the sun takes all that light and runs it down light tubes that illuminate the entire space.  One would assume that a dish of that size, being some miles across, would be able to generate enough electricity 24/7 to accomplish a lot of tasks, heating, cooking and cooling being just a few.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>