Squad Challenge - Megamania (Atari 2600)

Justin

On 1/7/2022 at 10:10 PM, Marco1019 said:

200,180. The last two lives lost were the result of highway robbery by the game itself. That's the nicest way I can describe it without getting an admin warning lol. Wow.

20220108_2600 Megamania 1B 200180.jpg

Daaaaaaaamn 👑 that's a crazy score! Is megamania one of your favs? 

Edited by Csolo
Less shitposty

Going live with my attempt. Don't think the leaders have anything to fear 😁

16,590 was my best...TREMBLE IN FEAR AT MY AWESOME SKILLZ 😄

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I can share some tips:

• Keep your ship towards the left edge of the screen.  Thar be less bullets to dodge over there because most of the enemies move left to right. 
  • Don't move a lot.  If your ship is covering the entire range of the screen, I've found you are going to get in trouble.  Getting stuck on the right edge unable to move right is sure death.
  • On those levels with the zigzag enemies, carve a path and then shoot bites from there.  And it's OK to lose lives on these levels.  They get replenished every 10k. 
  • DO NOT lose lives on the levels with enemies that just move left to right only. That's where you build up a stash of extra lives.

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Achieved the Activision Megamaniacs Patch by scoring 45,000+ Points in our Megamania Squad Challenge!"

Sabertooth was awarded the badge 'Activision Patch - MEGAMANIACS' and 10 points.

I was able to squeeze in a patch achieving game at lunch!

Played via EMU7800 with the VCS modern controller in XBOX mode.

20220113_133617~2.jpg

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Achieved the Activision Megamaniacs Patch by scoring 45,000+ Points in our Megamania Squad Challenge!"

RadioPoultry was awarded the badge 'Activision Patch - MEGAMANIACS' and 10 points.

20220113_140308.jpg.4a945c24093e012baf20fd518d200fb9.jpg

51,330. About as good as I've ever done,  but clearly not good enough!

On 1/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, RickR said:

Keep your ship towards the left edge of the screen.  Thar be less bullets to dodge over there because most of the enemies move left to right. 

Man.  I tried that and died a LOT.  Maybe each copy is made differently?  Only thing I do know is the enemies in mine shoot everywhere.

I would have posted but I never came close to 70,000 let alone my best score I already posted.