Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, or Super Mario World? What’s your favorite Super Mario sequel

Justin

Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, or Super Mario World? What’s your favorite Super Mario sequel  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, or Super Mario World? What’s your favorite Super Mario sequel

• SMB2
    • SMB 2 (JP) / Lost Levels
    • SMB3
    • Super Mario World

Honestly, I go back and forth between SMB2 and SMB3. I chose SMB3 as it feels like a true sequel to SMB. It evolves everything that was special about the original and adds depth, better graphics and new game play mechanics.

SMB2 (NA) of course wasn't designed as a Mario title. It stands apart from the rest of the series. I think it's a great game in its own right and for a long time it was my favorite simply for its uniqueness.

SMBW was great!  Beautiful graphics, excellent soundtrack (even when most of the music was the same just played in different styles), loved Yoshi...but SMB3 did Soo much more than previous games in the series and more than SMBW.  You could store up lots of power ups until you needed them.  You could change into various characters each giving you a special ability. It was easier to earn extra lives with the end level cards and mini games.  The levels were huge, yes, but this game was done from scratch from the ground up.  This game was a labor of love and not some hacked game we didn't get.  And it shows.

For those reasons I went with SMB3.  World is great, don't get me wrong, but SMB3 will be the Mario game most NES gamers will remember and talk about the most for generations to come.