As we mourn the loss of the $5 Little Caesars pizza... we should remember another lost Little Caesars great, the BIG BIG Pizza!

Justin

15 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Not little Caesars but I remember the Big Foot.  That thing was huge and oh so yummy.  I wish that it would come back.

I used to order up a bigfoot from pizza hut when I was in the barracks in the military in the early 90s and it would keep me fed for a good couple evenings.

As for Little Caesars, I've never been a fan of their pizza ever and don't order from them. Although I've heard their crazy bread was supposed to be really good? But I don't recall ever having tried it.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Pizza Hut is the closest pizza place to our home.  We still order from them if the weather is bad and I don't want to drive too far.  But it's important to order "double toppings" as they are pretty chintzy otherwise.  Yes, it costs more, but it's worth it. 

Portland has a ton of really good and varied pizza places.  My favorite is NY Style.  But it's a pretty long drive for something like that from our suburb. 

8 hours ago, RickR said:

True story:  I have never been to Little Ceasar's.  However, my wife worked there in high school. 

The last time I went to Little Caesars was last year.  The $5 pepperoni pizza I got was tough.  Literally, the breading was tough to bite into.  As a rule we stick to Dominos. Best pizza in our area for the price.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

There are a lot of options where I live. Most of the time we order Papa John's or pick up one from Papa Murphy's to bake. We tend to prefer Papa Murphy's over John but there it is. Use to get Pizza Hut all the time but over the last few years, the quality and taste has just really slipped beyond measure in our eyes. We have quite a few mom and pop places as well, but most of them have limited delivery or are quite a bit more expensive compared the usual places.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

1 hour ago, CrossBow said:

There are a lot of options where I live. Most of the time we order Papa John's or pick up one from Papa Murphy's to bake. We tend to prefer Papa Murphy's over John but there it is. Use to get Pizza Hut all the time but over the last few years, the quality and taste has just really slipped beyond measure in our eyes. We have quite a few mom and pop places as well, but most of them have limited delivery or are quite a bit more expensive compared the usual places.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder about Papa Murphy.  My wife and I do that one all the time.  The Tuesday special ($12 for any large) is too good to be true. 

2 hours ago, RickR said:

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder about Papa Murphy.  My wife and I do that one all the time.  The Tuesday special ($12 for any large) is too good to be true. 

We get the family sized one as we really like their pizza LOL!

On 1/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Atari 5200 Guy said:

The last time I went to Little Caesars was last year.  The $5 pepperoni pizza I got was tough.  Literally, the breading was tough to bite into.  As a rule we stick to Dominos. Best pizza in our area for the price.

Totally agree on dominos.  Their quality has gone up quite a bit over the last 10 years.  When we don't feel like getting a pizza from the Italian joint down the road, we'll get whatever deal they have going on at dominos.  Their hearty marinara is the best, love the chunks of tomato. 

I haven't had dominos... in a very long time. Easily been more than 20 years now? They weren't that good when I first remembering them coming here in my town in the later 80s and so was never impressed with them enough to try them again. 

However, my wife and I did get a pizza from Papa Murphy's last night LOL!!!

Domino's seems like one of those fast-food places that can be hit and miss based on the particular location.  For example, the Domino's in my area is pretty bleah.  Flavorless and always a little overcooked.  But drive a little farther, and the next location is excellent. 

Taco Bell is the same way.  Some locations are excellent and others terrible.