Squad Challenge - Bowling (Atari 2600)

Justin

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Nice Slik Stick Rick! Is that your favorite Atari 2600 joystick

100% favorite.  Sadly, it's starting to wear out due to heavy use.  I need to find another. 

I like it because it's so tight and perfect for twitch games.  The downside is the painful fire button.  Games with lots of button pushing (like Asteroids, Missile Command, Yars' Revenge) can be agonizing with this joystick. 

4 minutes ago, RickR said:

The downside is the painful fire button.  Games with lots of button pushing (like Asteroids, Missile Command, Yars' Revenge) can be agonizing with this joystick.

Interesting! What is it about the fire button that makes it painful? Is it something that could be modded?

5 minutes ago, RickR said:

100% favorite.  Sadly, it's starting to wear out due to heavy use.  I need to find another. 

I like it because it's so tight and perfect for twitch games.  The downside is the painful fire button.  Games with lots of button pushing (like Asteroids, Missile Command, Yars' Revenge) can be agonizing with this joystick. 

I was lucky to get in on one of those retrogameboyz injection molded sticks.  Looks like a quality piece.  If you care, I can report back whether it's good or not.  Lead time on me getting it tho is like 6ish weeks.  but hyperkin trooper II has been a good controller.