Squad Challenge - Bowling (Atari 2600)

Justin

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Played in an Atari sporting event!"

chas10e was awarded the badge 'Good Sportsmanship!' and 10 points.

186 🎳

IMG_2427.JPG.e47570452326262fc9fbba77c53b5d31.JPG

Had a 176 the other night I forgot to post :

IMG_2426.JPG.3dc582483b67d354acc696b85247224c.JPG

I'm creeping up there

On 1/16/2022 at 11:45 PM, Gianna said:

You guys are doing well! Any tips on improving the amount of strikes? I can't seem to get more than one per game.

I have been able to get a strike from launching the ball with the guy standing on the right-lower gutter as show in the final score pics. just have to curve the ball much sooner. I tried all kinds of stuff , counting the number of click to the center, holding a ruler across the screen to line things up .... I also discovered you can't get the ball to zag after a zig

11 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I'm trying to locate a cartridge of Bowling. I'd like to play this one on actual hardware.

@Video 61 has bootleg ones from Asia that were seized at the port. Same ROM, same game, Southeast Asian bootlegs that were intercepted and turned over to Atari.

Usually IP owners have seized counterfeits destroyed once they've been handed over from the authorities, in this case Jack Tramiel decided to declare them "open box specials" and sell them off at fire sale prices, because "business is war".

13 hours ago, RickR said:

100% favorite.  Sadly, it's starting to wear out due to heavy use.  I need to find another. 

Many times you can repair them by cleaning or replace the rubber stick.  Interestingly enough the stick is just a tire stem (the part that sticks out of your car tire to inflate it).  You can pick one up any auto store.  Sometimes the contact wears out.

Edited by AtariSphinx

9 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Many times you can repair them by cleaning or replace the rubber stick.  Interestingly enough the stick is just a tire stem (the part that sticks out of your car tire to inflate it).  You can pick one up any auto store.  Sometimes the contact wears out.

I ain't gonna leave my car ANYWHERE NEAR @RickR anytime soon !!!!

On 1/17/2022 at 5:21 PM, Justin said:

@Video 61 has bootleg ones from Asia that were seized at the port. Same ROM, same game, Southeast Asian bootlegs that were intercepted and turned over to Atari.

Usually IP owners have seized counterfeits destroyed once they've been handed over from the authorities, in this case Jack Tramiel decided to declare them "open box specials" and sell them off at fire sale prices, because "business is war".

He's out of them.