Squad Challenge - Bowling (Atari 2600)

Justin

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Scott Stilphen!

Congratulations to high score legend @Scott Stilphen on becoming our new Atari 2600 Bowling Squad Champion! Scott landed a strike with his stellar score of 263 points! Unbelievable win for Scott! And a big congratulations to everybody on all those incredible scores across the board! Something's going on in the forums, the new year has brought new energy to the forums, recent days have been electrified and alive with activity. The new Clubs and Blogs areas have been on fire, and Bowling brought us one of our BIGGEST turnouts in all of High Score Squad history! There were a lot of Bowling live streams, YouTube videos and social media posts that helped spread the word about this Squad Challenge. I hope Bowling was a fun event for everybody and you'll continue to join us for Squad Challenges throughout the year ahead.

@RickR was on fire in Bowling, securing the 2nd Place in our Final Standings with his burning hot score of 232 points. @Marco1019 was "on there" and takes 3rd with an impressive 230 points, and I was a point behind, taking 4th with 229. @Doug.dryerlint17 climbed his way to 5th Place with 224 points, and @nosweargamer and @Atari Creep both went live on multiple occasions and made their scores in front of a live audience, with No Swear Gamer scoring 222 points to take 6th, and Atari Creep scoring 216 points to take 7th. @greenween takes 8th with 213 points, @TrekMD takes 9th with 209 points, and @Dinobot711 and @Sabertooth tied for 10th place, both scoring 208 points respectively. @AtariSphinx scored 204 points, landing him in our 12th spot, @Gianna gave it her all and takes 13th with 202 points, @Csolo joined us again, taking 14th with 197 points, and @Atari 5200 Guy scored 196 points to land him at 15th Place. Rounding out our event we saw a rare THREE-WAY TIE for 16th Place with @Papa Pete @chas10e and Atari Creep's daughter Lily all scoring 186 points each. My congratulations to all who joined us in our Atari 2600 Bowling Squad Challenge and shared these insane high scores. I hope everybody had a blast!

Also,  this week we welcomed some new faces to High Score Squad as we had an incredible turnout for our Bowling event. We welcomed new member @Doug.dryerlint17 who recently joined the forums! We had a rare "Player 2" guest score from Lily, who is Atari Creep's daughter and joined him on his livestream to play a round of Bowling with us! New member @Csolo is back once again, joining us in High Score Squad for his 3rd Squad Challenge! Csolo knocked it out of the park in his previous two challenges and we're thrilled to have him joining us in High Score Squad again. "The Mayor" @greenween is back to join us once again, and we welcomed back YouTube retrogamer @Papa Pete to join us!! We're thrilled to have all you at Atari I/O participating in High Score Squad!! WELCOME!!

I'd also like to recognize and say thank you to Atari I/O's content creators who do so much to get the word out about our High Score events, and invite new friends to join our Atari Party at Atari I/O. @nosweargamer and @Atari Creep both went live with our Bowling Squad Challenge and played in real time before their subscribers. @Papa Pete joined us and shared a wonderful YouTube video of his performance. @Marco1019 of course had his Twitch show on Wednesday. Special Shoutout to @Sabertooth for putting so much effort into the new Club VCS and inviting new Atari VCS fans to join us. THANK YOU to everyone for helping to get the word out about our events in the forums!

As always I'd like to encourage @Scott Stilphen to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations to Scott, special thanks once again to @RickR for nominating this game, and a big congratulations to our wonderful little community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun playing in our Bowling league!

NOTE: TEN-HUT! We gear up for the Super Bowl in our next High Score Squad Challenge - 10 Yard Fight for the Nintendo Entertainment System! Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_bowling.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

🎳 Check it out! Our new Achievement Badges have been a real hit in the forums. This week we're introducing the "Good Sportsmanship!" Badge, featuring Atari's RealSports logo. This will be an achievement for all players who post a score in ANY of our upcoming Atari sporting events. (This award can be achieved through ALL Atari sports games played in High Score Squad, and is not limited to RealSports titles only)

Each of you who joined us for this event and shared a score in our Atari 2600 Bowling Squad Challenge have now been awarded the Good Sportsmanship Badge! Winners of High Score Squad Atari sporting events will also be awarded the "Atari Sports Champ" trophy to celebrate their big win. Congratulations everybody!

Atari_RealSports.png.f3f726d84c885bf1ea5

7 hours ago, Justin said:

🎳 Check it out! Our new Achievement Badges have been a real hit in the forums. This week we're introducing the "Good Sportsmanship!" Badge, featuring Atari's RealSports logo. This will be an achievement for all players who post a score in ANY of our upcoming Atari sporting events. (This award can be achieved through ALL Atari sports games played in High Score Squad, and is not limited to RealSports titles only)

Each of you who joined us for this event and shared a score in our Atari 2600 Bowling Squad Challenge have now been awarded the Good Sportsmanship Badge! Winners of High Score Squad Atari sporting events will also be awarded the "Atari Sports Champ" trophy to celebrate their big win. Congratulations everybody!

Atari_RealSports.png.f3f726d84c885bf1ea5

What a great turn out. @Justin this needs to be a sticker with IO branding. 

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!