Justin

20211224_071556.jpg.6b8e51b3b5d26cacd69aa73edd31a1d8.jpg

Release Date: 2/10/2022

Retail: $9.99

Developer(s): Adamvision & Sneaky Box

Publisher: Atari

Official Site: https://recharged.atari.com/

Synopsis :

"The grandfather of brick-breaking games is back with some of the toughest challenges yet! Breakout: Recharged steps up the excitement with a fresh coat of paint, exciting power-ups, and another original soundtrack from award-winning video game composer Megan McDuffee.

Breakout: Recharged will forever change what you expect from a brick-breaking title. The endless arcade mode and 50 challenge levels will push you to the limit of your skills. Don’t fret, however, as this wouldn’t be a Recharged title without game-changing powerups. Expect the aid of rail guns, homing missiles, and explosives to join the traditional multi-ball. You’ll need every tool in the arsenal and razor-sharp reflexes to climb the global leaderboards.

Key Features:

Old Meets New: Classic Breakout gameplay updated with refined control, and modern visual flourishes

Power Up: Blast special bricks to pick up paddle-transforming power-ups a rail gun, explosive balls, missile launchers, and more

Challenge: Compete in a series of 50 challenges designed to put even the most seasoned players to the test

Compete: Reach the top of global leaderboards for arcade and individual challenge modes

Bring a Friend: Play local co-op in every mode - breaking bricks is better together!

Get in the Groove: Rock out to an original score by Megan McDuffee"

Edited by Sabertooth

I think this might be the game to inspire some more people to buy a 2nd Classic controller! 🙂
I was lucky enough to pick one up here in The Netherlands, a couple of months ago, as well.

Warning: forums do contain nuts. If at risk, avoid contacts. I don't work for a games company. I'm just a video-gaming fan.
Consoles: Atari 2600, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, new VCS, Videopac, Intellivision, Nintendo GBA, DS/DSi, GameCube, Wii, Wii-U, Switch,
Evercade, and XBox. PCs: ZX Spectrum, PC MS-DOS, Windows, Linux, MacOS, SteamOS, Antstream, PiePacker, Stadia, AirConsole.

2 hours ago, JustClaws said:

I think this might be the game to inspire some more people to buy a 2nd Classic controller! 🙂
I was lucky enough to pick one up here in The Netherlands, a couple of months ago, as well.

First, welcome to Club VCS @JustClaws!  Its good to see you here. 

Yes, I agree 100 percent.  A second Classic Controller will be a must for Co-op!  With its built-in paddle functionality, the Classic Controller is going to make this the definitive version of the game!

Some very cool news coming out of Atari's Recharged Discord server. They've listened to feedback and have included a "Classic Mode." Single Player. Three balls. No extras.

The Recharged modes will include co-op and single life approach familiar to fans of the Recharged series.

Here are some images of Classic Mode and new video footage.

https://youtu.be/bZfczKRCClI

20220204173228_1.jpg.005e60c409e50f16d65b14e4c0d93beb.jpg

20220204173024_1.jpg.93d40482f9b3cc4f3207df9419ea193f.jpg

20220204173327_1.jpg.bf2cb69f797b99fdf883af0bdbe93ead.jpg

After a slight delay, Breakout Recharged is now out in the Atari VCS store!

First impressions are good but I can't spend any real time with it before heading to the office.

NOTE, if you're using the Classic Controller, be sure to have Classic Rotational toggled on and Mouse toggled off in your Controller settings.

Edited by Sabertooth

11 hours ago, datafry said:

Just purchased this tonight.  Fun game just wish they would release a paddle.  The joystick version just doesn’t cut it. 

I agree that a paddle would be nice but I got used to the Joystick's paddle function. Sensitivity adjustment would be nice in future updates.

If you have Asteroids Recharged, I recommend playing with the Joystick's rotary function.  For me, it's much better than a gamepad.

9 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I agree that a paddle would be nice but I got used to the Joystick's paddle function. Sensitivity adjustment would be nice in future updates.

If you have Asteroids Recharged, I recommend playing with the Joystick's rotary function.  For me, it's much better than a gamepad.

Actually that is the exact two I picked up.  Asteroids is impressive.  Love the sounds in that one.