image.png.ed2a50010ddda1ebd6e0b48374c63e57.png

Release Date: 12/11/2020

Retail: Vol. 1 (free), Vol 2 ($4.99)

Developer(s): Code Mystics

Publisher: Atari

Official Site: www.atarivcs.com

Synopsis :

Vol. 1:

"A massive collection of Atari arcade and 2600 games. Optimized for the Atari VCS and it's Classic Joystick and Modern Controller. Rumble and LED support for select games heighten immersion. The Classic Joystick’s paddle/steering function is the ultimate way to play games like Pong, Breakout and Tempest."

Vol 2:

"Includes 14 vintage Atari arcade games from the '70s, 16 Atari 5200 titles, 12 Atari 2600 games from M Network, and 8 prototype and limited-edition homebrew games for the Atari 2600."

The Atari VCS Vault Vol. 1 is the pack-in for the new VCS and includes 100 titles from Atari's arcade and console past.  Atari VCS Vault Vol. 2 adds an additional 50 titles to the mix, including some rarities and deep cuts. 

With so many titles to choose from every Atari fan is sure to find a favorite!  What's yours?

629648802_BWArcade.jpg.ad5c5ee300b56a55306e7f20367bdc27.jpg

1608541645_BW2.jpg.ae869a27eae6502c5f9fb2ff73a35d5c.jpg

Edited by Sabertooth

19 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I just want to encourage ClubVCS members to check out and participate in the main forum High Score Squad too. The current challenge is Crystal Castles arcade, which is in the VCS Vault Vol 1.

Be there!

Thank you for pointing this out!  I didn't think to look there.  That will make participation a lot easier. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, RickR said:

This is the only "game" I have so far, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected.  Arcade "Tempest" is my favorite so far due to the rotary control of the classic controller.  I also really like Battlezone and Red Baron. 

Booooo! I was so excited seeing Battlezone and wondered how on earth I missed it.  Then scrolled down and realized it was a mistake.  However Battlezone is on Antstream.  Although it does feel different, there is just something about stepping up onto the box and sticking your face into the viewfinder.