Club VCS Creator Space

Sabertooth

"Atari 50" Preorders & Launch Date Announced! 08.26.22 (Atari Newsline Newsflash) - YouTube

Today, 'Atari 50' Nintendo Switch "Steelbook" Collectors Edition (& Standard Edition) Announced... Find out where, how much, what it comes with & more! I also include some new screenshots of games included in the 100 game collection. Click below to watch:

On "That Atari Show" last week, I spoke with BHG Media Group about everything Atari, what's coming down the pike, favorite games, consoles & more! Plus: 'Atari 50' up for preorder for PS4, PS5, XBOX & Switch! (The show will return on Sept 19th, featuring the Atari Lynx!) Subscribe & tune in to the latest episode here:

Coming Monday, 9/19/22 on "That Atari Show,": The Atari Lynx, the most underrated handheld ever! Plus: my favorite Lynx games, Sabertooth Retro on YouTube, Atari Jaguar: Official Gamer's Guide book review, "Pac Man Collection" - a fantastic homebrew, Viewer Poll Results, all the latest news, and much more! Hope to see you there

NO FILTER HD #12 - 3 Rare Atari 2600 Gems on the VCS! ("Yars' Return," "Aquaventure" & "Saboteur")

No Filter HD is back! After a short break! This time, I showcase 3 Atari 2600 gems that were unreleased during most of Atari's history... these games were released recently on Atari XP cartridges, as well. These are the digital versions of "Yars' Return," "Aquaventure" & "Saboteur" that Atari released on the Atari VCS for $3.99 in September 2022. Here is some sample gamplay of these great games! Which is your favorite? Thanks for watching! Subscribe, Like & Comment! This series will now air once a month on Wednesdays, alternating with UNBOX'D & RTFM. BCB

Edited by Ballistik

RTFM #11 : Asteroids, Asteroids, Asteroids. (Atari's Asteroids History, Gameplay, Manual & Box Art) - YouTube

On this episode of RTFM, I delve into Atari's "Asteroids," an arcade & home arcade hit! Of course, there are many, many (many) different versions of Asteroids out there. Which one is your favorite? I take a look at the history of Asteroids, look at the box art for the two popular Atari 2600 & 7800 versions & take a look at some rare Asteroids commercials, and much more! Gameplay on a variety of systems, consoles & everywhere! Comment, Like & Subscribe if you enjoy this content. [RTFM (Read the Freaking Manual) Episode 11] Thanks for watching! BCB

On this episode of That Atari Show, I discuss "XPGate," some Atari news, and I interview the amazing Fulton brothers from "Into the Vertical Blank," one of my favorite Atari 8-Bit Podcasts! Check out this great interview below...

THAT ATARI SHOW #10 - "Into The Vertical Blank with Steve & Jeff Fulton" (Interview, XPGate, News) - YouTube

Atari Newsline Newsflash : New Teasers, Spoilers & Trailers for Atari 50, AtariMania, Recharged & XP - YouTube

On this episode of "Atari Newsline Newsflash," I discuss some spoilers, trailers & teasers for upcoming Atari 50, Atari Recharged, Atari XP & Atari Mania! I also discuss tweets from Limited Run Games, Digital Eclipse & Atari! Check it out...

'ATARI 50' Game List Leaked? + RollerCoaster Tycoon Renewed Through 2032 (Atari Newsline Newsflash) - YouTube

On this Atari Newsline Newsflash, I discuss two articles that appeared over the weekend regarding a potential leaked 'Atari 50' game list in Europe. I read the full list here. Any surprises? Also: RollerCoaster Tycoon is renewed through 2032, opening licensing deals & more potential game releases by Atari through the RollerCoaster franchise. I also play a new 'AtariMania' clip where Atari mentions the release of the game on the VCS. Finally! Stay tuned...

(2) "AtariMania" Pre-Release Review Special! 10.10.22 (Atari Newsline Newsflash) *Possible Spoilers!* - YouTube

On this "Atari Newsline Newsflash" special, I read two pre-release reviews for "AtariMania," which will be released this Thursday, October 13, 2022. I read a review from Forbes Magazine & another from COG Connected. What did the reviewers think? Also: I play some more recent clips from Atari's YouTube page regarding AtariMania. Enjoy! (If you do not want to hear me read possible spoilers in reviews, then please don't watch this video. I'm not playing the game myself - that will come Thursday! - just reading reviews of the game. Thanks!)

THAT ATARI SHOW #11 - Robert DeCrescenzo, Atari Homebrew Developer (Interview, News, 7800 Homebrews) - YouTube

This time on THAT ATARI SHOW, the spotlight shines on homebrews as I interview Robert DeCrescenzo, Atari homebrew developer/programmer who has created over 20+ games for the Atari 7800! They range from "Pac Man Collection" to "Defender" to "Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest" & more! He's an amazing asset to the Atari community! Come see why! I also discuss more Atari news, including AtariMania's release date, XPGate, why I don't cover NFT's/Crypto on this channel & more.

On this episode of No Filter HD: Special Edition, I play Atari's "Missile Command: Recharged" (2.0) by Sneakybox & Adamvision. This is the 2022 update to the 2020 recharged game. This one features superior graphics, a pulse-pounding interstellar soundtrack (by the one and only Megan McDuffee), updated leaderboards, co-op across all game modes and more! Also: if you own the original, this upgrade is only $6.99! I give my final verdict at the very end. What do you think about this 2022 'recharged' 2020 recharged game? (Wow. My head is spinning!)

This time on RTFM, I burn some rubber and show you 5 car racing games from yesteryear which include: Indy 500, Dragster, Dodge 'Em, Sprint Master & Night Driver! Which is your perennial old skool favorite? I show some gameplay, box art & even some retro commercials... Which game will be the first across the finish line?

On this very special edition of "No Filter HD," I play "Atari Mania" on launch day, 10.12.22 on the Atari VCS (a day early!) This is my first time playing so don't judge me (haha) but I had a great time and I feel it is a great game for Atari fans. More reviews & impressions coming next week in "That Atari Show" on 10.17.22. Enjoy!

On this jam-packed episode of That Atari Show, my good friend Adam (Bally Alley) joins me for some Atari "2600 Talk." I also feature Bacon Ice Cream Productions in Creator Space & "Once Upon Atari" by Howard Scott Warshaw in Book Nook. I discuss my first impressions of Atari Mania, as well as issues some Atari VCS users are having. Finally, there's some news to go over regarding Recharged game updates & more!

n this episode of THAT ATARI SHOW, I interview an awesome homebrew game developer, Flip (Obsidian Contraption on YouTube), who is currently working on finalizing a game for PC & possibly the VCS, "Sky Frizz." We also talk plenty of arcade & Atari! Also: prepare for the "Battlezone 2000" review for the Atari Lynx! Plus: News, Podcast Blast! & More. Have you been able to play "Atari Mania" on the Atari VCS yet? Let us know! All this and more! Get your daily dose of Atari here!

On this Halloween themed special episode of THAT ATARI SHOW, I review "Frankenstein's Monster" for the Atari 2600. It's a ghoulishly fun game! I also interview Robert with "Robert's Retro Gaming" on YouTube, who has some amazing Atari 8-bit content! Check him out! Also: Ferg has a new Atari 2600 Game by Game Podcast up, this time - featuring Cookie Munster Munch for the Atari 2600. Plus: "Ballistik from the Future" (aka Boo CB) comes along to help with the Frankenstein review. Bonus: Atari dropped an Atari Jaguar promo for 'Atari 50!' Come check it out. Bring your candy corns along & don't miss it!

On this episode of RTFM, I explore 5 unique vintage pinball titles for various Atari systems. I take a look at Video Pinball & Midnight Magic for the Atari 2600, Ruiner Pinball & Pinball Fantasies for the Atari Jaguar, and, finally, Pinball Jam for the Atari Lynx (featuring Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!) It's a super cool walk down Atari pinball memory lane. As an extra bonus, three of these games also have tables with Halloween themes! Find out which ones & come join me!

That Atari Show #15: "Atari 50 Eve Party!" (w/ Stephen Frost & Digital Eclipse, 'AtariMania' Review) - YouTube

On this super fun episode of THAT ATARI SHOW, I meet up with Stephen Frost, Head of Production at Digital Eclipse, and we talk all things Atari 50, including some new insights on what to expect & more! It's a great interview filled with never before heard details about Atari 50 (which comes out in 4 days!) Plus: my "Atari Mania" review & news! Are you ready for Atari 50? Let's celebrate! Special Thanks to Digital Eclipse, MIke Mika & Stephen Frost.

Please subscribe, like & comment if you enjoyed this content. Thanks!

BCB

9 hours ago, Ballistik said:

That Atari Show #15: "Atari 50 Eve Party!" (w/ Stephen Frost & Digital Eclipse, 'AtariMania' Review) - YouTube

On this super fun episode of THAT ATARI SHOW, I meet up with Stephen Frost, Head of Production at Digital Eclipse, and we talk all things Atari 50, including some new insights on what to expect & more! It's a great interview filled with never before heard details about Atari 50 (which comes out in 4 days!) Plus: my "Atari Mania" review & news! Are you ready for Atari 50? Let's celebrate! Special Thanks to Digital Eclipse, MIke Mika & Stephen Frost.

Please subscribe, like & comment if you enjoyed this content. Thanks!

BCB

Really great interview @Ballistik!  I just want to take a few weeks off and slowly go through all that Atari50 has to offer. LOL.

Edited by Sabertooth

On this AWESOME launch day for "Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration," my Digital Eclipse, I unbox the game for the first time, oogle over it (as an Atari nerd does) and play the game for a bit, showing some of the videos and features inside this massive, love letter to Atari! You won't wanna miss this! Of course, I give my final rating at the end 😉 This is a remastered video featuring additional footage and me fixing a couple of issues with the original video, which premiered on 11/11/22. Enjoy!

On this quick Newsline Newsflash update, where is 'Atari 50' on the 'Atari VCS?' Is this the new standard for VCS users... being last? What's taking so long? And some news out today via Atari's discord courtesy of Club VCS. What are your thoughts? Also: new polls up on my Twitter! I'd appreciate your input for a future episode of 'That Atari Show.'

This epsiode, I begin a massive undertaking... I'm going to be playing 'Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration' by Digital Eclipse, released on 11/11/22. I'll begin with Chapter 1 in the 'documentary'-focused collection, Arcade Origins, and work my way through the entire game, playing all 103 games and reading all the ephemera, snippets & showing you all the photos & tidbits in this amazing collection. Each episode will last 30 minutes, so you can dig in where you want, and you won't feel obligated to stay for too long. Enjoy! Next episode: Chapter 1 - Arcade Origins (Pt. 2) on Nov 25, 2022 @ 9 AM MST

This epsiode, I'm going to be playing 'Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration' by Digital Eclipse, released on 11/11/22. I'll continue here with chapter 1, Part 2 in the 'documentary'-focused collection, Arcade Origins, and work my way through the entire game, playing all 103 games and reading all the ephemera, snippets & showing you all the photos & tidbits in this amazing collection. Each episode will last 30 minutes to 1 hr, so you can dig in where you want. Enjoy! This episode features the arcade versions of: Breakout, Neo Breakout, Touch Me, Asteroids, Missile Command, Lunar Landar, Vctr-Sctr & more! Next episode: Chapter 1 - Arcade Origins (Pt. 3) on Dec 2, 2022 @ 9 AM MST