Sign in to follow this  
VectorGamer

Was Video Pinball Successful?

I'd really like to know how many quarters this game took in. Reason being this game was released in the late 70s - why would you play this game more than once when you can play the real deal? There were plenty of pinball machines available at the time Video Pinball was released it's not like today where you have to travel an hour to find an arcade with multiple pinball machines. In that respect I think video pinball makes more sense today but not back in the 70s and 80s.

If you have a chance to play Video Pinball they have a cab at Funspot. It's neat but I'd rather play pinball.

In on last page.

Video Pinball on the 2600 is garbage. Just my opinion. Midnight Magic is a better game. Of all the video pinball games I've played recently I would say Pinball on the NES is the best on the 8-bit consoles.

I played the arcade game while I was at the PA Coin-Op Hall of Fame and it was a fun game. But, when you compare it to pinball machines released during that era I wonder why this machine would get more plays than the real deal.