Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest Question

7800 Pro Gamer

The first post to my blog will probably be my review of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, after I gussy it up a little and do some editing. But after playing it all the way through for the first time last night, I encountered a weird gameplay element that I haven't heard anybody talk about. 

In a few levels it looks like the backgrounds scroll and there are some platforms attached to the scrolling background that move away from you as you approach them. Did this feel out of place to anybody else?  Can anybody explain what the intent was?  I just don't understand why they were added or if anybody else was bothered by them like I was. 

I would've liked to see moving platforms to add to the challenge of the game.  And maybe that was a way to include a sort of moving platform. But I was just wondering if anybody else had thoughts on this or could explain it to me. 

As always, thanks in advance guys! And regardless of response I should start posting reviews to my Atari I/O blog either tonight or tomorrow.  I may have some questions for @Justin and @RickR as I start to post my reviews and interviews. 

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork

@Funkmaster V that was a great interview. Some good insights there and it sounds like the scrolling platforms in Crystal Quest was giving Pacmanplus a headache. I thought it was weird that there was no moving platforms and now it makes sense.  I should've known that he was smart enough to want to include them and also smart enough to step away when they weren't working. 

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork

9 hours ago, Silver Back said:

@Funkmaster V that was a great interview. Some good insights there and it sounds like the scrolling platforms in Crystal Quest was giving Pacmanplus a headache. I thought it was weird that there was no moving platforms and now it makes sense.  I should've known that he was smart enough to want to include them and also smart enough to step away when they weren't working. 

Thanks man! I appreciate it. Bob was a hell of a nice guy. WAY TOOO NICE. Im gonna start interviewing more 7800 people soon in between shooting movies. 

Edited by Funkmaster V

:pole_position_blimp: Visit Atari 7800 Forever online: https://www.atari7800forever.com