Top 3 Sci-Fi TV Series of all time?

Museum Matt

So when I think of Sci-Fi on TV, my mind goes by default to Star Trek and all the spin offs from the original series in the 1960's. They were my first Science Fiction love and are always a go to for me. What about y'all?

Granted that I haven't seen every sci-fi series ever made, but from the ones that I have seen, I will give you my top 3. I'd love to hear what your top 3 are.

3. Dr. Who- I recently got into watching the newer ones (made in 2006 and on) via NetFlix. I have to say, for me, it started out a little slow. But when David Tennant became the Doctor, I started watching more and more. I'm now in Season 5 with Matt Smith as the Doctor and I can see the special effects budget, graphics budget, and "guest star" budget getting bigger. 

2. Firefly- Yeah, it was only on for one season, but what a season. I was totally hooked after watching the first episode. This is a series a definitely "binge watch". I'll start on a Friday evening after work and watch on Saturday and even into Sunday if I need to. I do the extended version of the Lord of the Rings series that way too. Don't judge me.

1. Star Trek: The Next Generation-  Maybe it's because I can remember, as a 9 year old, watching the very first episode on TV, or maybe it's because I readily identify more with Picard than Kirk, but I love ST:TNG and will still watch episodes I've seen a dozen times if I catch them on regular TV. 

So, what are your Top 3 Sci-Fi TV shows?

Those are good picks icrra. My choices go like this:

3.  Twilight Zone
2.  Battlestar Galactica (the newer version)
1.  The X-Files

I'd publish a novel for each one of these shows explaining why I love them so much. But to save me the hand-cramps, check out the Retroist Podcast episodes for X-Files and Twilight Zone, here http://www.retroist.com/2014/01/17/retroist-podcast-episode-155-the-x-files/ and here http://www.retroist.com/2013/10/11/retroist-podcast-twilight-zone/

Great choices!

I tend to like shows that were cut short. Firefly, Stargate SGU, Caprica and Almost Human come to mind. It's almost a guarantee that if I like it, they'll cut it in the first season or two. That said, my favorites gave me at least some closure:

1) Star Trek TOS

2) Battlestar Galactica (Reboot)

3) Quantum Leap

3. The Sarah Conner Chronicles

2. Star Trek Next Gen

1. Twilight Zone

Adventures of Briscoe County Jr and Awake were great for single season shows and V was a great mini-series.

1. Star Trek - NSG

Wait! There was a No Swear Gamer version of Star Trek!?!?!? Sounds Amazing!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Archived