50 Minutes of 1989 Daytime TV Commercials

Justin

Ever since I posted the new New Kids On The Block song about going back to 1989 I've been thinking about all the great memories in the music video and what a wild time that was at the end of the '80s and the beginning of the '90s. It's hard to think of a more epic moment for video games than 1989.

In a time before the internet there was a lot more going on in commercials - lots of "Call Now To Order!" with 1-800 Numbers, P.O. Boxes, sending a self-addressed stamped envelope off to some company with the hopes of receiving your item in 8 - 12 weeks, and of course "Sorry, no C.O.D." I thought I'd share some of those commercials below. What's your favorite?

1 hour ago, DegasElite said:

I think Rosemary Clooney sung the Coronet jingle, didn't she? She was George Clooney's aunt, by the way.

Yes and yes.  I get marketing e-mails at work from a company called "Fortinet", and of course I sing that jingle.  My younger co-workers look at me funny and the older ones crack up.