Squad Challenge - Neo Turf Masters (Neo•Geo / MAME)

Justin

My New High Score: +6

Upped my game last night with a better performance. I'm really enjoying Neo Turf Masters. Although I was the one who nominated this game specifically, I should credit @RickR with nominating the general idea of us playing a Golfing game in HIgh Score Squad to celebrate the Masters Tournament. This has been great.

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

I do love me some sports games!

This is completely unrelated, but I wanted to share anyway.  I've been playing an NES baseball game that I've never even heard of called "Bad News Baseball".  I don't think it would make a good high score challenge, but the game really got me thinking about NES vs. 7800 arguments (as in "the 7800 was just as good as the NES if they'd just written good software").  This game will really make you rethink that opinion.  The game has a level of polish that I don't think the 7800 can do.  The sounds (3 part music + speech + baseball effects) are astounding.  The quality of the text for scores and such (they look like an arcade machine).  The little cut-scenes (between innings, and my favorite -- the high-five line when you get a homer).  I honestly don't think the 7800 is capable of any of this to this level of quality.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RickR!

Congratulations to "The Don" @RickR on becoming our new Neo Turf Masters Squad Champion! This was a big win for Rick, and our first time playing a Neo•Geo game in High Score Squad, so let's all give Rick a big thumbs up for his awesome performance on this tough game! And a big congratulations to everybody who joined us for our first Neo•Geo arcade game! I hope Neo Turf Masters was the funnest golf game you've ever played. 

RickR takes 1st Place in our Final Standings with his stellar score of -8 under par. I take 2nd Place in our Final Standings with a score of -7 under par. @datafry was on fire, scoring -1 under par to secure the 3rd Place in our Final Standings. @btbfilms76 and @nosweargamer both scored +6 over par and tied for 4th Place in our Final Standings. @Gianna enjoyed playing her first Neo•Geo game and scored +8 over par to take the 5th Place in our Final Standings.  @Doug.dryerlint17 winds up our tournament, scoring +12 over par to take 6th Place in our Final Standings. I hope everybody who joined us for our first Neo•Geo Squad Challenge had a blast!

As always I'd like to encourage @RickR to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations to Rick, and a big congratulations to our wonderful little community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun playing Neo Turf Masters!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is Nukey Shay's beautiful Pac-Man 8K for Atari 2600. Be there!

large.final_standings_neo-geo_neo_turf_masters.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif