Recharged Squad Challenge 002 - Centipede: Recharged

PSA: It's been reported that some are experiencing issues with being able to access the game since the last update. It seems to be an issue with the Classic Joystick and possibly mouse controls.

Issue:

After launch you will see "Press to Play" with no "A" button icon. Button presses will not register.  You will not be able to play the game.

20220409_081114.jpg

Fix:

1) From the VCS System Menu. navigate to "Storage."

2) Go to "Other - Saved Data"

3) Find the Centipede: Recharged file and delete the data.

20220409_082507.jpg

4) Launch the game with the Modern Controller and it should work as normal.

Important Note: This fix will clear your local save data, meaning that local leaderboard scores will be cleared. Online leaderboards are not affected.

The fix has worked for me personally but YMMV. As always, exercise caution. If you don't want to lose your local save data, hold out for an update.

The issues have been reported to Atari. Hopefully they can identify the issue and push a fix.

Edited by Sabertooth

3 hours ago, Davpa said:

Not high compared to others here, but my current high score.  I'm going to really sit down and get into a Centipede groove.  Hopefully I can make a run for that top spot. I did this with a trackball mouse.

2022-04-09_Centipede_Score.jpg

Nice to see you make a submission @Davpa! Let’s see you take the top score with that trackball!

Also, feel free to share your VCS Connect videos on the ClubVCS Creator Space topic!

Edited by Sabertooth

There is just over a week left in the Centipede: Recharged Squad Challenge!

Here are the standings so far:

@Joe at 117,120 😱

@Sabertooth at 77,730

@BHG_Gaming at 67,650

@Mockduck at 62,860

@Davpa at 42,580

@RickR at 29,790 (PC)

The Recharged series is relentless and these are all strong scores!

If you haven't posted a score, be sure to get one up before midnight PST 4/30 for an entry into our VCS controller giveaway!

The big question: Will anyone challenge our last Recharged Squad champion Joe for the top spot?

centipede-recharged-box.jpg

Edited by Sabertooth

default_pole_position_blimp_big.gifCongratulations Joe!

Congratulations to @Joe our returning Recharged Squad Challenge Champion! Joe was in it to win it and turned in a massively impressive score!  And a big congratulations and thank you to everybody who participated in our second challenge here at ClubVCS! 💥

Joe takes 1st Place in our Final Standings with an incredible score of 117,120, making him not just our champion but fourth in the VCS World leaderboards as of this post! I came in 2nd Place with a laudable score of 77,730 points. @Mockduck came in 3rd, turning in an impressive eleventh hour score of 68,190 on the last day of the challenge!  @BHG_Gaming was hot on his tail, taking 4th with 67,650. @Davpa made a strong showing, rounding out the Final Standings at 5th with 42,580 while demonstrating his use of a trackball on the VCS! 

Finally, thanks to @RickR who participated as a shadow player with a solid showing of 29,790 playing the PC version.  Because this was the PC version of the game, he will not receive an entry into the giveaway and does not appear on the Final Standings. The good news is that Rick received his new Onyx VCS this week and I hope we'll see him in upcoming challenges!

I hope everybody who joined us for this one had a blast!  Centipede: Recharged is a great take on Atari's 1981 classic that really taps into that "just one more try" part of the brain.

As the winner of this round @Joe will receive a set of Recharged Squad buttons and 4 entries in the controller giveaway! Everyone else who participated will get one entry in the giveaway!

Also, a big thanks to @BHG_Gaming for helping to get out the word on the ClubVCS and the Recharged Squad Challenge!

I'd like to encourage @Joe to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

Congratulations to Joe on his win, and a big congratulations to all of our participants in this ClubVCS exclusive challenge!

NOTE: Our next Recharged Squad Challenge is Black Widow: Recharged! Be there!

RSC 02 1MAY2022.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif

Edited by Sabertooth