A Tron rollercoaster!

RickR

yeah.....why not????

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I'm not convinced that the Tron coaster isn't coming to the USA. There's been a lot of chatter about it coming to Disneyland in California, or Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Hollywood Studios used to be Disney-MGM Studios until a few years ago and is in the midst of transformation with another name change coming. The rumor has been that Tron would be added to the park, or that essentially the same roller coaster would be built there with the light cycles replaced with speeder bikes and a Star Wars theme. A Tron experience would fit right in at EPCOT as well, though likely not a rollercoaster.

D23 Expo is about a month away. Keep your fingers crossed for a Tron announcement.

I think they had cold feet coming off of Tomorrowland's poor box-office numbers and were hesitant to do another live action movie. I agree with you though that it's odd. The coaster has likely been in the works since the second movie, and who knows what will happen with Tron. Let's hope for good things  :)

Archived