Star Trek: Picard - Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

- Ω -

In an attempt to not pollute the other Picard thread, I thought I'd open this one up for speculation (wild or otherwise), open discussion, spoilers and anything else people might want to chat about in a relaxed setting.

So to start if off... with four episodes left to go, how do you think episode ten will conclude?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, Sabertooth said:

My hunch is that Rios will stay to fight the good fight in the 21st Century.

You know, that could spark a whole series of books... like knowing what stocks to buy and when, what companies to purchase, etc.  If I'm not mistaken though, in the Star Trek universe, WWIII starts in 2026.  If he does stay, he's got bigger cahones than I do. 😁  Personally, I'd take her and the kid before leaving, because I BELIEVE she may learn too much that "could" have an effect on the future.  Also, Rios could learn from the ship's computer that she and her son die in the war, so taking them along would not pollute the timeline.  We'll see how detailed the next four episodes are.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I think Rios will go back to the future and Teresa will stay in the 21st Century.  I know they are trying to make it appear  that either he stays (he is having too much fun) or that she comes along but I get the feeling that neither of those will happen.  Raffi reminded Rios of his responsibility as a Starfleet officer in the last episode. 

As for the final episode, we'll get a reveal of the Borg Queen (likely Juratti) and events will change as the Queen is not there to assimilate anyone.  I'm really curious about the dynamic between the Queen and Juratti because they are fighting for the same body. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I think Rios will go back to the future and Teresa will stay in the 21st Century.  I know they are trying to make it appear  that either he stays (he is having too much fun) or that she comes along but I get the feeling that neither of those will happen.  Raffi reminded Rios of his responsibility as a Starfleet officer in the last episode. 

As for the final episode, we'll get a reveal of the Borg Queen (likely Juratti) and events will change as the Queen is not there to assimilate anyone.  I'm really curious about the dynamic between the Queen and Juratti because they are fighting for the same body. 

Well, the synopsis of the next episode titled, "Monsters" reads...

Tallinn ventures inside Picard's subconscious mind to help wake him from a coma and face both his darkest secrets and deepest fears.  Knew that was coming!

Seven and Raffi go in search of Jurati whom they fear has succumbed to the monster inside.  Watch the queen end up in a singles bar!  (Speculation)

Rios struggles to hide the truth of who he really is from Teresa.  I wonder if he'll be successful?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

He may not be and that will change the dynamic for the rest of the season if Teresa is present until the end.  It'll be interesting to see what happened to Picard's mom, something that has clearly affected him all his life. 

Here is the trailer for the next episode:

And a sneak peek...

Edited by TrekMD

11 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Episode 7 didn't really do much.

Spoiler

I agree.  Is this how they resolve Picard's "mother" issues, which they've made into such a big deal?  You telling me Jean Luc never figured this out as he grew older?  And hey, surprise!  I'm really a Romulan!  "Oh, you must be a distant relative of Laris!".   Honestly, this show uses the cheap trope of having distant relatives being played by the same actor too far.  Every single Soong looks like Data for example.  This episode was a total "meh" -- very reminiscent of how far they stretched out the Discovery season 4 plot.  Although on a positive note, I thought the Guinan scenes were really good. 

One more total spoiler -- Rios handing off a 24th century medical brain tool to a 21st century doc????  You telling me a Starfleet Captain doesn't have the basic skills -- better than someone from 300 years prior -- to use the medical tool himself? 

2 hours ago, - Ω - said:

<SPECULATION MODE ON>

The guy that took Picard and Guinan in, appears to have some long standing "issues".  Do you think it could possibly be related to the Deep Space Nine episode where Quark, Rom and Nog, along with Odo were briefly captured in the past?

That, or he is a time cop.  It's the same actor who played one of those on Voyager.