Sabertooth

image.png

Release Date: May 11, 2022

Retail: $9.99

Developer(s): Adamvision & Sneaky Box

Publisher: Atari

Official Site: https://recharged.atari.com/

Synopsis :

A lone pilot, far from home, must navigate an abstract universe of uncharted planets and space stations guarded by mysterious, hostile aliens in Gravitar: Recharged.

With Gravitar: Recharged Atari revisits an incredibly ambitious arcade title. The 1982 original took the rotate, thrust and fire mechanics of Asteroids and Space Duel, combined them with the gravity of Lunar Lander, and added exploration and elements of cave flying. The result was an extremely challenging arcade game that was eventually ported to the Atari 2600.

You must complete missions in each solar system, navigating a variety of challenging environments, each with varying levels of gravity that will test your skills as a pilot. Complete each mission within a solar system and you will be transported to the next through a massive black hole. Will you ever make it home?

Edited by Sabertooth

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm really looking forward to this one . I hope they do berserk also

Yes, this should be a good one and it looks like they're taking the style into a different direction. 

Berserk would be awesome if they could sort the licensing.  It is not Atari IP as I understand it.  So many of the great 2600 games were licensed home ports.

11 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Yes, this should be a good one and it looks like they're taking the style into a different direction. 

Berserk would be awesome if they could sort the licensing.  It is not Atari IP as I understand it.  So many of the great 2600 games were licensed home ports.

This should work really well with the classic controller like thrustlander. I can't see playing it on any other controller

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

This should work really well with the classic controller like thrustlander. I can't see playing it on any other controller

They definitely need the Thrustlander style controls. It's the best implementation of the Classic Controller on the system.

On 4/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, Sabertooth said:

They definitely need the Thrustlander style controls. It's the best implementation of the Classic Controller on the system.

On 4/21/2022 at 10:17 AM, Joe said:

I agree that Gravitar absolutely must have Classic Joystick SPINNER function to rotate the ship just like in ThrustLander.

Hey guys! Just a shameless self-promoting plug, but also may be of interest to some of you 😉

I posted a "launch day exclusive & first look" for GRAVITAR: RECHARGED in my series, "No Filter," on my YouTube page yesterday. It's all about gaming without the gimmicks, on a regular TV, using real software & hardware. Come check it out, subscribe & like, and I appreciate your support 😉

NO FILTER {SE} #4 - Atari VCS w/ "Gravitar: Recharged" - Launch Day Exclusive & First Look! 5.11.22 - YouTube

Edited by BallistikCoffeeBoy