Recharged Squad Challenge 003 - Black Widow: Recharged

4 hours ago, RickR said:

4085 PC Version.  I wish they gave more than one life.  Sheesh. 

bw 001.JPG

Yes, this was the big complaint about all the Recharged titles. It's particularly true of Black Widow since its so easy to die.  Single-life score attack was baked into the lead dev's design philosophy: Live. Die. Retry.

Atari definitely heard the feedback though.  They added a 3 lives mode to Breakout and now Gravitar. Apparently they are working on  updates to do the same in Centipede, Black Widow and Asteroids.

Personally, I don't mind a single-life option, but would love a 3-lives mode. In Gravitar, default is 3 lives but you can switch to single-life for a score multiplier. That will make for a cool strategic element for the Squad Challenge when we get there. 

2 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Loving this battle for the top spot between @Joe and @E. King! It will be an interesting two weeks! 🍿🤣

I have a feeling that driller joe plays better when he has a bit of pressure on him and I may have already reached my peak score.

I made the mistake of going for it way too early and should have waited until the last days of the month, lol.

46 minutes ago, RickR said:

There's something in the game that shoots guided missiles at me right around that 3,500 point that kills me every time.  It's so sad, I never even see what fires it -- never see it coming until it's too late. 

yeah they get me plenty of times too, not sure what kind of bugs those are

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Owwww my hands!

That is an Amazing score man!

Not sure I can beat that without many more hours of playing this game and still may not be able to.

I played a bit last night and could not get more than 10k.

I may try again later in the month, or maybe sooner if I feel the urge which is quite possible.

Enjoy that top spot, you earned it and I am happy knowing that I pushed you to get a higher score as that was my main goal here.

EDIT: I wonder what will happen when WVUnderdog9546 notices.  LOL

Also hoping Sabertooth and others go for it again too, plenty of time left.

Edited by E. King