Recent Pickups -- (Non Gaming)

- Ω -

So, who's not a fan of Space Battleship Yamato aka Star Blazers?

I recently picked up some soundtrack off of ebay. The CD is from the original 70s series, and it never sounded better. I'm listening to it right now on my home stereo via the Oppo 4K player. Interesting thing is that the CD was a rental. I guess you can rent CDs in Japan?

I got the cassette not knowing it was a cassette. I simply thought the case was a bit oddly shaped for a CD 😆 and didn't pay close enough attention to the photos. But all good.

I hope to add a few more soundtrack CDs if I come across them. And one day, I will take the plunge and buy the DVD releases of the original series.

IMG_0205.jpeg.c176bcc357c0e6abd886746f9ea46e48.jpeg

13 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I have several Yamato soundtracks but I don't have that one!  Cool!

I'd love to see what you have 🤩

6 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

Wow, Star Blazers!  I've not heard of them in decades.  I also watched Speed Racer.  All of a sudden I feel old...

😂 I suppose I've dated myself, too. Mazinger Z was the first anime I watched way back in the 70s. I watched it while I still lived in Korea. Star Blazers was my second anime. I read the manga just before moving to the US. I haven't seen Speed Racer nor any other classic anime from the 70s and 80s. Biggest reason is I grew up without access to cable TV--all rabbit ears and aluminum foil for this boy.

Edited by socrates63

A follow up on the the robot vacuum... best purchase I've made so far this decade.  Once you get it trained, it does so much all by itself.  I came home yesterday and tracked it some pine needles, all I had to do was say, "Hey Google, vacuum the entry".  Three minutes later it was done!  I also have it set to clean the whole house as soon as I leave for work in the morning, yes it knows when I leave.  In fact I also have it set to stop cleaning as soon as I pull into the driveway (if I have it doing a timed job).  I highly recommend one of these S9+'s to anyone like me who hates cleaning but likes a spotless home.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

3 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I'd love to see what you have 🤩

I watched it while I still lived in Korea.

Oh man I cannot tell you how many Korean shows I watch or how much Korean rock music I listen to.  They put out some good stuff, on the whole much better than most of the crap Hollywood calls "entertainment".

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

2 hours ago, - Ω - said:

A follow up on the the robot vacuum... best purchase I've made so far this decade.  Once you get it trained, it does so much all by itself.  I came home yesterday and tracked it some pine needles, all I had to do was say, "Hey Google, vacuum the entry".  Three minutes later it was done!  I also have it set to clean the whole house as soon as I leave for work in the morning, yes it knows when I leave.  In fact I also have it set to stop cleaning as soon as I pull into the driveway (if I have it doing a timed job).  I highly recommend one of these S9+'s to anyone like me who hates cleaning but likes a spotless home.

Great to know.  This is an excellent review and recommendation. 

While my 3D printer is broken, and awaiting a replacement PINDA probe, I've been looking for something else "new" to fill my time.  Getting online and looking for new toys probably was not the best thing to do.  Anyway, I since I no longer mess with vinyl records, cassette tapes or CD's, and my current FM transmitter has less than decent range, I decided to upgrade.

Currently, I've been using this...

1935822934_OLDUNIT.jpg.f9c8785e0505847fe55edadacb5a42e8.jpg

... it was really meant for automotive use, so only has about a 45 foot transmitting range. 

I decided to get the << Retekess TR508 >> to pair up 24/7 with my << Retekess V115 >> since it has an SD card reader for MP3's.  So now I'll I be able to play my favorite tunes anywhere in the house, as well as outside this summer while I'm outside doing yard work.  It's FCC part 15 compliant so I should have no issues.  However since this unit has an audio inputs, I should also be able to hook it up to a scanner, cellphone or Sirius/XM radio.

482990853_NEWUNIT.PNG.bb5606324c8515699559a92cf0c62ae6.PNG

I think I better stop looking for toys online.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Some silly stuff to good around with:

• A used robot vacuum.  I got it for free because it is "broken".  I think it just needs a new battery (which I've ordered).
  • Speak/Spell will make nice gaming-room shelf fodder.
  • Smart wifi power plug.  I haven't decided what to use this for yet.  Probably to randomize a lamp while we are away on vacation.

stuff 001.JPG

When my daughter was born in August I changed my schedule to "work from home" a few days a week. Prior to that, I reported to the office everyday despite the new pandemic-inspired flexibility. Anyway, it quickly became apparent that my $60 Ikea desk chair would not work for 9-10 hour days. Immediately my backside was pleading for my Aeron. However, as comfortable as they are, I do not want an Aeron at home. So my search began...After reading a ton of reviews and conducting some in-person "testing", I settled on the Herman-Miller Sayl.

The chair took a few months to be built so by the time I got it I was on my parental leave. While it hasn't been through the rigors of office work, i definitely put it through its paces with Atari 50! It's extremely comfortable for long periods of time and doesn't scream "office chair." They even make a gaming variant but the color schemes for that model are a bit too garish for me. (This coming from a guy that has rainbow spectrum lighting behind my Teal and white game setup.)

If you're looking for a decent home office or gaming chair, check it out!

20230120_085538~2.jpg

Oh man, what a great topic to bring up.  I love that chair you selected!  Hermann-Miller makes the best stuff. 

I went to "work-from-home" right when the pandemic started.  It was really difficult at first.  I had just moved into a nice big office (finally!) after a promotion a few months earlier.  And now I'm trying to NEVER go back!  🤘

Like you, I noticed back and rear-end pain almost immediately.  So I got this nicer chair...Sitonit Seating...I cannot remember the model name.  Much better!  Although it still screams "office chair" unlike yours.  I've since removed the arms to help build core muscles.  How long has it been now?  3 years this coming March I think.  Yikes!  Maybe I should upgrade. 

I hope others will feel free to show which chair they selected for their sitting endeavors. 

chair 001.JPG

On 1/20/2023 at 12:32 PM, RickR said:

I hope others will feel free to show which chair they selected for their sitting endeavors. 

I'm just using this chair I picked up at the local OfficeMax. << HERE >>  a couple of years ago.  I never spend more than $300.00 on a chair because they never seem to last more than three years.  The previous three styles like this one were not really leather, so ended up looking like garbage after a few years.  While I didn't like the looks of this one, I have to admit the fabric does hold up better, but even so, as you can tell from the photo, it's starting to look a little worn and will probably need to be replaced next year... right on schedule. 😒

CHAIR.JPG.b85c6128daf654069be1611180cf8bc6.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>