Modernizing the TI-99/4A P-Box - (Another step)

- Ω -

A while back the TIPI board for the P-Box arrived on the scene which you could attach a Raspberry Pi to, enabling the TI to get on the Internet and have gigabytes of storage space.  Now this new board, shown below, will allow a person to get rid of the "fire hose" for a cleaner looking install, and have power for a secondary fan and a USB powered device.  Shift 838 sure is helping the TI community.  

Modernize.jpg.3358c2fdadbb7f2a69259a88c34d76cb.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

9 minutes ago, RickR said:

Nice job on the video!  The wiring looks much cleaner for sure.  And I guess the TIPI is powered by the new interface now too? 

Anyway, your presentation is so well done. 

No the TIPI is still plugged into my UPS as it's always powered that way.  I purchased a 5V LED power strip for above the PS/2 keyboard, as soon as your turn on the P-Box, the strip lights up.

Thanks, I tried to dress it up a little bit.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I made a mistake and did not originally buy the case, to enclose the part of the P-Box interface that attaches to the TI, okay, that was on me.  Knowing 3D printed stuff is not cheap, I willingly paid the $45.00for the small case... but he charged  $20.00 shipping... and it came in a USPS small flat rate box that sells for under $10.00. I'm not exactly a happy camper to get hosed on shipping.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>