Ark: Survival Evolved

Atari 5200 Guy

Hi Guys,

I wouldn't be a good member if I didn't tell you guys when a AAA title is free, right?  Well, the developers of Ark: Survival Evolved have made their hard work available from Steam for free until June 19th.  If you have a Steam account I would recommend grabbing this one.  Even if you don't have one I would recommend getting one just for this game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/ARK_Survival_Evolved/

For those that don't know about it, Ark: Survival Evolved is a primal survival game. However, this game can be very unforgiving. You can build a base and tame dinosaurs and other creatures in the game's worlds.  However, getting too close to powerful animals before you are ready and you will become a snack and will lose everything you were carrying with you. I have been too close to a mad dino and lost everything including my tribe of dinos and my house.  All within a minute of being too close to something I shouldn't have been.

There's Dodos, Raptors, T-Rexs, and many other primal carnivorous reptiles but it also has more gentle reptiles as well.  All can be trained to join you and each has unique abilities that can help you and protect you.  Want to travel fast?  Tame a Terry and fly anywhere you want to go.  Before you land, however, make sure you are not about to land close to prehistoric crocs and snakes.  Those things do not back down.  None of the more vicious animals do.  There's also TEK versions (strange glowing metal versions) of most of the reptiles in the game as well.

If you chose to brave the wild in ARK by picking it up be sure to nab all the free extras as well.  This is well over $100 worth of gaming goodness literally being given away.  I have played the game on XBOX One and got very immersed into it.  The visuals and music are absolutely breath taking to see.  This is one game, no matter how difficult it can be (settings can be fine-tuned to your liking), that is worth owning...even if you never play it.