Evercade VS System

Justin

Wi-Fi Issues:

I tried to update my Evercade VS today and it would not connect to my router. Last month, I updated my router to a dual band mesh system. All of my devices work on it. The VS saw the network but would error when connecting.

I visited the Evercade Discord and asked about the issue. Members there said some users reported problems with dual band, but that if I turned off 5GHz, it might work. They also recommended a factory reset. I tried these solutions without success.

Finally, it struck me that I could try my phone's mobile hotspot. This immediately connected and I was able to update the system. However, the VS will still not connect to my router.

Sharing this here in case others experience a similar issue.

I believe so!  I don't know for sure since I don't have a VS or EXP....but I know those two have a "Library" app that shows all of the titles released, and that they've just updated a couple of those to "Legacy" status. 

On-line release notes don't show a date, but I suspect the latest one is very recent.

Edited by RickR

On 4/11/2024 at 1:46 PM, socrates63 said:

Do folks think Blaze will release a VS Refresh this year? I know I can connect my EXP to a display, but the appeal of using a dedicated controller is a strong appeal of the VS.

New cost reduced "R" models just announced to mixed response in the Evercadeverse.

33 minutes ago, RickR said:

What negative responses do people have for these?  Just grousing because they recently bought a new console?

I guess looking for a more premium update? 🤷‍♂️

I think the refresh and lower price make perfect business sense to attract new users and offer more potential value to the existing user base contemplating a hardware refresh or upgrade.

1 hour ago, RickR said:

What negative responses do people have for these?  Just grousing because they recently bought a new console?

I've seen comments from folks that waited for the black limited edition EXP who are upset that the color on the new model appears to closely resemble the LE model. Also, as @socrates63 said, some folks were hoping for a more premium update or even peripherals- like a joystick- and are underwhelmed by the news.

Its great for new folks just getting into the ecosystem. Not a lot here for you if you already have a VS or EXP.