Recharged Squad Challenge 005 - Breakout: Recharged

10 hours ago, RickR said:

I assume we are all playing on the Classic controller.  It's pretty awesome, but they really need to make it a little bit more sensitive.  It takes some getting used to and a lot of turning to make it end to end. 

I agree. It just doesn’t feel right. To me it’s clunky. Like you said the amount of turning to go end to end. I switched recently to the modern controller and that takes a lot of getting used to as well.

2 hours ago, Stlrs95 said:

This game is torture!  Whenever I play my nose or something on my face starts itching.  Having to fight the urge not scratch and keep track of that ball is just plain torture!!!  Haha

It’s probably just in my head but it’s there damnit.

Right????  The game is relentless.  Add in my phone buzzing or my wife asking me this or that and it's hard to get in the zone. 

Agree this game would greatly benefit from sensitivity adjustment settings. ThrustLander and Atari VCS Vault have it.

I also think the wide-screen orientation is part of the issue. The travel distance from one side to the other is just a little too far in a single turn.

@LinkYoungPS- have you tried this with your paddle topper? Those look pretty neat. Any improvements to the feel of paddle games using it?

Edited by Sabertooth

12 hours ago, Yorkies TV said:

Thanks! I've been finding that even though we start with 3 balls, once I lose the first one, the rest follow pretty quickly. Anybody else's games end up that way? 

Yes, that happens to me a lot.  I also find with these recharged games I usually do my best within the first few days.  I just can't seem to improve on my score.  😕

What's with all the removed posts?

12 hours ago, Yorkies TV said:

Thanks! I've been finding that even though we start with 3 balls, once I lose the first one, the rest follow pretty quickly. Anybody else's games end up that way? 

I wish it would let you take a break and wait until you press the button to serve each ball.  Because I have the same issue as you.  I have a lot of trouble with those levels that have the bricks that shoot every time you pass by and almost always lose it all there.  

But the biggest detriment I'm finding in this game are wonky controls.  Sometimes, for no reason I've found, my paddle will just move to the center of the screen.  Maybe I'm pressing in on the joystick or something by accident?  Very frustrating.   

7 minutes ago, RickR said:

I wish it would let you take a break and wait until you press the button to serve each ball.  Because I have the same issue as you.  I have a lot of trouble with those levels that have the bricks that shoot every time you pass by and almost always lose it all there.  

But the biggest detriment I'm finding in this game are wonky controls.  Sometimes, for no reason I've found, my paddle will just move to the center of the screen.  Maybe I'm pressing in on the joystick or something by accident?  Very frustrating.   

Yes, I have lost many balls by not being ready for the serve.  I like the push button to serve idea, I would even take a countdown like 3...2...1 and then the ball serves.

I do find that my paddle will move half way across the screen at random times.  Yes, very frustrating especially when you have a nice run going.  I love the game though, even with some of these flaws.

Edited by Stlrs95