Squad Challenge - Pizza Party Summer - Pinball (NES)

Justin

10 hours ago, Gianna said:

It has been difficult to reach over 50k, I seem to always lose the first ball very quickly 

IMG_3660.JPG

I might get 5,000 points with my first ball if I'm lucky.  I have had the ball from being shot into play, fall down the center (1000), hit the bumper which knocked the ball down the left ramp, screen change to the lower half, ball exit left ramp and go right between the flippers without hitting anything else.  I didn't think that it was possible but it happened to me. The physics of this game are a bit unpredictable.

I'm not great at this game yet, but I can share a few tips to hopefully bring others above 100k:

• On the top screen, forget about aiming the ball.  It feels like the table is designed to send any aimed shots right down that left gutter.  Instead, always hit the ball straight up.  Get that top/left flashy target to 1000 points.  Shooting straight up will hit that over and over.  Your score will rack up fast.
  • On the bottom screen, aiming is critical.  Get the three ducks visible first thing to add the gutter blocks. 
  • I haven't mastered it at all, but you want to hit the top/right target to get you into the bonus round as often as possible.  If anyone has a specific tip on how to do this, please share!  That bonus screen can mean BIG points if you can keep the ball in play and rescue the girl at least once. 
  • If the gutter blocks get hit, go back to getting the three ducks right away to get them back.

1 hour ago, RickR said:

Get that top/left flashy target to 1000 points.  Shooting straight up will hit that over and over.  Your score will rack up fast.

This was super helpful to me

1 hour ago, RickR said:

Get the three ducks visible first thing to add the gutter blocks. 

This is a great strategy!

1 hour ago, RickR said:

That bonus screen can mean BIG points if you can keep the ball in play and rescue the girl at least once. 

YES!!

I was truly starting to hate this game!! LOL It just feels like it screws you over so intentionally. Thanks to some good tips from Ricky Pinball aka RickR, I'm doing pretty good, at least more consistent, and will keep on playing this game for a while. The 3rd level is almost a joke for me. Straight down the gutter almost every time.

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

One of the things I try to do to help is just keep the ball in play no matter what.  However there is one area in particular that no matter how hard you try the ball will fall down the hole.  If you are on the bottom play field and try to use the left flipper to get the ball back up top on the right or in the hole for a bonus round most of the time it doesn't make it and ends up falling down the gap behind the right flipper.

I've opened that exit at least 20 times and have never come close to getting the ball in there. I'm gonna keep going. It'll click at some point. Get in the zone and kill it. Great job Rick and Justin! Crushed it.

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

41 minutes ago, greenween said:

I was truly starting to hate this game!! LOL It just feels like it screws you over so intentionally. Thanks to some good tips from Ricky Pinball aka RickR, I'm doing pretty good, at least more consistent, and will keep on playing this game for a while. The 3rd level is almost a joke for me. Straight down the gutter almost every time.

Ricky Pinball!  Ha ha ha ha! I love it.

I'll give you all the tip I gave Greeny that totally upped my score.  There's an easy way to get your @ss off that horrible bottom screen.  Just get the ball trapped on the left flipper and hit it like this.  After you hit it, raise the right flipper and BOOM, the ball will fly right back on to the top level.  And if you screw it up, you have a great chance of hitting the bonus hole.  And if the exit thing is open, it will go right in there.  Master this shot!  It's not hard because I can do it, you can do it. 

NES Pinball Tip.jpg