THE NEW ADVENTURES OF PHILIP MARLOWE - Retro Radio Memories Podcast

The Professor

post-7-0-93317400-1438534556_thumb.jpg

The Retro Radio Memories Podcast is a weekly retro podcast that takes a look back at radio shows of yesteryear and is hosted by The Retroist's Vic Sage and The Projectionist! This week's podcast is about an episode of the 1940's radio series The New Adventures of Philip Marlowe, entitled "A King in Yellow" If you enjoy classic radio and television shows, you may enjoy the Retro Radio Memories Podcast. I hope you'll give it a listen.

Listen to the Retro Radio Memories Podcast here:

https://ia801506.us.archive.org/35/items/RetroRadioMemoriesEp27TheNewAdventuresOfPhilipMarlowe/Retro-Radio-Memories-Ep-27-The-New-Adventures-Of-Philip-Marlowe.mp3

You can also search iTunes for Retro Radio Memories Podcast, or visit Retro Radio Memories here at The Retroist:

http://www.retroist.com/2015/08/02/retro-radio-memories-podcast-episode-027-the-new-adventures-of-philip-marlowe/

Here's what Vic Sage had to say about the episode:

Retro Radio Memories Podcast – Episode 027 – The New Adventures of Philip Marlowe

Welcome back friends to the Retro Radio Memories podcast! Each podcast my co-host, the Projectionist and I will briefly discuss a classic old time radio show before sharing said program with you listeners. This week we present an episode from the New Adventures of Philip Marlowe entitled “King In Yellow”, which was originally broadcast on July 8, 1947.

Vic & any other old-time radio people, have any of you heard of the program "Gladys" & the "Henry Aldrich Family Program"?

I ask because when I was a wee-lad, a super-sweet lady who lived next door to my relatives used to make me the most amazing milkshakes. Little did I know that she was a part of those shows, was on The Honeymooners, Broadway, etc.

Just thought I'd share!

StormSurge, sorry about the very late reply...just not enough time in the day it would seem. Ha, ha. I didn't know about this radio show myself but the Projectionist does! Let me see if we can't get an episode scheduled for next week? Do you mind if we mention your connection to the radio show? :D

Archived