Squad Challenge - Pengo (Atari 5200)

Justin

Opps.  Sorry guys.  I improved my score.

16596974170943050692411524014959.jpg.d7f841b118f2831140ac9601d31a62a5.jpg

This game has become a favorite.  The real challenge is like the instructions mention: deciding per round whether to pair the diamond blocks together or not because rounds are generated randomly and it is not always possible to pair them up.  

A few pointers I did to reach my score:

• Keep as much distance as you can between you and those Snow bees.
  • Watch where you push those diamond blocks.  Move them wrong and you won't be able to pair them up.
  • When you feel cornered hit the wall if those snow bees are next to it.  You'll be able to freeze them, take one or two out, and make your great escape.
  • At the beginning of the rounds try to memorize a few of the flashing blocks and destroy what you can remember.  Each one of those is 500 points you did not have.
  • If you decide you can't match those diamond blocks then star using them and the ice blocks to mash those snow bees. The more you can smash at one time the more points you will get.

That's all I have to offer.  Good luck!  Hope some one can beat my score.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

No pressure or anything, I'm just sharing my experience...I often do come in last or near last.  Just go look at the Atari VCS high score things.  It doesn't bother me at all because I have a blast trying these games.  And like I said, the difference in score between my first post and final post is pretty remarkable. 

I was going to try for 100K but my wife had to go to a hospital in another town unexpectedly and we don't know how long we will be here.  I may not get to try.  I have my tablet with me and hospital has free WiFi so I will check in as often as I can.  But I just wanted to wish others good luck.  If I get to play again before the challenge is over I will try but otherwise I believe my journey with this challenge ends here.

4 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I was going to try for 100K but my wife had to go to a hospital in another town unexpectedly and we don't know how long we will be here.  I may not get to try.  I have my tablet with me and hospital has free WiFi so I will check in as often as I can.  But I just wanted to wish others good luck.  If I get to play again before the challenge is over I will try but otherwise I believe my journey with this challenge ends here.

Prayers up & best wishes for a speedy recovery!