Eating out, it's been too long

MaximumRD

Mini-vacation to Tacoma, Washington!

We had the opportunity to get in a weekend trip between treatments. The initial idea was the beach, but hotels were very full and we absolutely cannot risk COVID at this time. So we decided to "go where no one else is going". Tacoma.

It turns out to be a really great place to visit. Many museums and a lot of hiking by the beautiful Puget Sound. We did the glass museum and LeMay car museum, and walking at University Place and Chambers Bay.

PXL-20240819-020124321.jpg

Tacoma-005.jpg

Tacoma-006.jpg

Tacoma-012.jpg

Tacoma-018.jpg

Tacoma-021.jpg

Tacoma-022.jpg

Tacoma-025.jpg

Tacoma-027.jpg

Tacoma-028.jpg

Tacoma-050.jpg

Tacoma-051.jpg

Tacoma-070.jpg

Edited by RickR

7 hours ago, RickR said:

Mini-vacation to Tacoma, Washington!

We had the opportunity to get in a weekend trip between treatments. The initial idea was the beach, but hotels were very full and we absolutely cannot risk COVID at this time. So we decided to "go where no one else is going". Tacoma.

It turns out to be a really great place to visit. Many museums and a lot of hiking by the beautiful Puget Sound. We did the glass museum and LeMay car museum, and walking at University Place and Chambers Bay.

Very cool Rick thanks for sharing! Wicked museum! I think there are so many great places to visist even here across Canada that do not get the hype or attention of all the default Tourist destinations. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

After my visual field eye tests, we went down the street to the Abbott street café for sandwiches, coffee & treats. A Thunderstorm started just as we were wrapping up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

I went to a Dominican/Japanese Fusion restaurant yesterday with some friends.  It's called El Tiesto Cafe...

That looks great! 

- M. Bison