Atarigames.co.uk saga continues

leolinden

I cheked their website and found that they updates the site, I sent an email and got this back.

"

Good afternoon Leo,

Thank you for your recently enquiry into Atari Games. Although our name suggests we are all about games, we have decided to expand our horizons to not only developing games, but also developing a number of apps which are productivity based and serve a wider audience. We will of course be introducing a number of games under our name, these will be mobile games and not console based so watch this space! Apologies if there is any confusion, we have simply chosen to spend more time on game development which means the simpler, meditation apps were introduced first to market. In short, we will as our name suggests be creating games, but for now we are rolling out a series of other apps to communicate with a sector of the app market which we felt had previously been overlooked. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Samantha

PR Associate

samantha@atarigames.co.uk

"

I sent them a reply about coming on a wednesday chat to talk about the future. Maybe this isn't a bad thing. It could go either way from here.

Retro obsessed dude

Although our name suggests we are all about games, we have decided to expand our horizons to not only developing games, but also developing a number of apps which are productivity based and serve a wider audience. 

Yeah, Atari Fit app, Atari Flashbacks, Atari clothing, Atari tin signs, Atari playing cards, Atari/Denny's apps, ..................

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

The ACTUAL Atari is still making games....kinda.   They are ravaging their old properties and making horrible games based on them.   For example, Haunted House was turned into a first person horror game on PC, and its buggy and terrible.   They were also developing an Asteroids (not sure if its done) which had little or nothing to do with the original property.

Jim Sterling did a nice piece on this recently.   I'd post it, but the language is quite NSFW.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Got a reply:

Hi Leo,

As much of our work is in development and may take some time to bring to market, there isn’t much to speak of as of yet. If it pleases you, we promise you a sneak peak of things to come once we are closer to completion. We will gladly take part in your “chat thing” :) when we ready to launch. 

Again, thanks for your interest.

I asked them to come to the chat some night. They said they will when they launch.

Retro obsessed dude

Archived