Squad Challenge - Pitfall! (Atari 2600)

Justin

1 hour ago, Stlrs95 said:

Yeah, I may use the map to try and complete it at some point.  I still have trouble at the crocodiles, so I may not even finish it with the map.  🤣

My timing is way off with the crocodiles. It's either been jumping right in a crocodile's mouth or missing them completely & sinking in the swamp!

10 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Bloody hell, Harry!  Watch out for those crocs!

I really didn't mean for that post to be taken as a cheat.  I've never been good at this game simply because I didn't really know what I was suppose to be doing.  I sort of seen it as a guide to the game.  Opps.

Unfamiliarity with a game <> being bad at a game. Besides, cheats are not allowed in these Squad Challenges. My previous post & re-sharing the video from No Swear Gamer would have been flagged, if that were the case.

2 hours ago, RickR said:

No worries at all here fellas.  Posting of maps and guides is absolutely ok.  We just respect those that choose not to partake is all. 

Have fun and try not to let the crocs get you.  And those oil bogs...what the heck happened there?  Pollution in the jungle. 

Oil bogs? I thought they were rolling logs (no pun intended)?

67,945 - My best so far!  I admit, I caved and used the map. 🤣  I'll try and get a few more runs in before the challenge is over.  Trying to collect all the treasures.  Won't be anywhere near a perfect score though, I even hit some of the stationary logs.  🤬

Pitfall 67945.jpg

Edited by Stlrs95

4 hours ago, Stlrs95 said:

67,945 - My best so far!  I admit, I caved and used the map. 🤣  I'll try and get a few more runs in before the challenge is over.  Trying to collect all the treasures.  Won't be anywhere near a perfect score though, I even hit some of the stationary logs.  🤬

Pitfall 67945.jpg

Nice run! No shame in referring to the map; it turns out you cannot finish the game if you stay above ground for the entire 20 minutes.

On 10/11/2022 at 1:57 PM, RickR said:

No worries at all here fellas.  Posting of maps and guides is absolutely ok.  We just respect those that choose not to partake is all. 

Have fun and try not to let the crocs get you.  And those oil bogs...what the heck happened there?  Pollution in the jungle. 

Harry had an accident and couldn't hold it anymore 😁

What can you say about this game? Classic. One of my earliest Atari memories. I've never really spent any time trying to get through it in 35 years. It's so good. You really felt like you were in there back then. 🙂 Not a good score, but I needed to get in there at least.

311903901_836496564368133_69958109288485668_n.jpg

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

I managed to get a game in the other day but I wasn't able to post it. I'm sharing my score now with you, after the deadline, just to show that I participated and played along with you guys. I came in dead last, but I will put an asterisk after my name in the Final Standings and my score won't count. I wish I had more time to play Pitfall, and on real hardware, it would've been fun. I'll be able to participate more in our next Squad Challenge 😀

My High Score was 9,721

2022-10-15 18:55:14.169.JPG

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Marco1019!

Congratulations to High Score Squad "Super Legend" @Marco1019 for becoming our Activision Pitfall Squad Champion! Marco takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an immensely impressive score of 114,000 points. Way to go on your performance, Marco! @RickR was hot on Marco's tail, with an incredible score of 87,720 points, taking our 2nd spot on the board. We're joined by a new member this week, with @Stlrs95 posting a highly respectable score of 67,945 to take 3rd Place in our Final Standings. Welcome to the Forums @Stlrs95, we hope you enjoy your time in High Score Squad! Our "Mayor" the legendary OG @greenween has returned once again, claiming the 4th spot with his score of 41,539 points. @Atari 5200 Guy takes 5th Place on the board with a solid 14,400 points, and I limped into class late, scoring 9,721 points in "hurricane mode", and would've taken last place if my score had been submitted in time. Congratulations once again to Marco for another BIG WIN and incredible performance, and a huge congratulations to our wonderful community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun playing Pitfall for the first time in High Score Squad!

Special "Thank You" to everyone here for keeping the Squad Challenge going, and to @Sabertooth who is doing yeoman's work continuously hosting wonderful Squad Challenges and other fun events in our new Club VCS!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad is a timely one for the TurboGrafx-16. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_pitfall.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif