Squad Challenge - Frogger Double Feature (Atari 2600)

Justin

18 hours ago, Justin said:

You have a beautiful 2600 Junior @Atari 5200 Guy

Thank you ☺️ 

8 hours ago, RickR said:

That flat-tube TV is nice too.

Thank you. I use to have one many years ago.  These are good tube tvs if you find em.

The fuzziness, though, is from my wife's Xbox one.  Our apartment is not grounded properly.

In my roughly 40 years of playing this game, I've always held the reset switch down for a couple seconds. LOL Just to stretch that first note before the music begins. Does anyone else do this or am I just weird??

Edited by greenween

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

11 hours ago, greenween said:

In my roughly 40 years of playing this game, I've always held the reset switch down for a couple seconds. LOL Just to stretch that first note before the music begins. Does anyone else do this or am I just weird??

I had no idea.  But you can bet your greens I'll be doing that from now on. 

11 hours ago, Justin said:

2 hours ago, RickR said:

@greenweenis the Parker Bros leader. But I will keep trying!

Yes, I also have @greenween leading the Parker Brothers track. Here are my unofficial standings for both versions:

Parker Brothers:

Greenween - 4119
Marco1019 - 3442
HDN - 2301
Csolo - 2093
Atari5200Guy - 2034
RickR - 1792
TrekMD - 1471
Justin - 1445

Starpath:

TrekMD - 16830
Marco1019 - 14100
Justin - 11840
RickR - 8360

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations greenween and Marco1019!

Congratulations to "The Mayor" @greenween for winning the Parker Bros. Frogger Squad Challenge, and likewise to the legendary @Marco1019 for winning the Starpath Frogger Squad Challenge! We had a lot of enthusiasm for our Frogger Double Feature and the high scores are incredible! In our Parker Bros. Squad Challenge for Frogger commonly found on the 2600 cartridge, @greenween went balls out to take the top spot on our leaderboard with an incredible score of 4,119 points! @Marco1019 takes 2nd Place with a score of 3,574 points, and @HDN joined us for this Squad Challenge, taking the 3rd Place spot with 2,301 points. @Csolo @Atari 5200 Guy @RickR @TrekMD and I all joined in on the Parker Bros. cartridge challenge, all posting fantastic scores and having a great time. In our Starpath Supercharger Squad Challenge for "Official Frogger" from Sega on the Starpath cassette, @Marco1019 takes the 1st Place spot on our Final Standings with an outstanding score of 28,190 points! I took 2nd Place with my score of 19,350 points, @TrekMD secured his position at 3rd Place with a score of 16,830, and @RickR rounds things out for us with a strong showing, taking 4th with his score of 8,360 points. Way to go on your incredible performances @greenween and @Marco1019, and THANK YOU to everyone who joined in this Squad Challenge! As always I'd like to encourage "The Mayor" @greenween and the legendary @Marco1019 to  post their new high scores on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure these Frogger Challenges continue on!

Once again, a very special "Thank You" to your Club VCS Moderator @Sabertooth who is doing incredible work hosting Atari VCS "Recharged" Squad Challenges and other fun events in our new Club VCS! If you're a VCS owner or just curious about what's been going on, be sure to check out Club VCS where this month's Challenge will be for Jetboard Joust, and thank Sabertooth for all the hard work he's put into building the best community for VCS gamers!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is a MONTH LONG EVENT: The 2022 F-ZERO Christmas Challenge for SNES. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_parker_bros_frogger.gif

large.final_standings_atari_2600_starpath_frogger.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif