Recharged Squad Challenge 010 - Jetboard Joust

squad_challenge_text_purple_flat_w_logo.

Jetboard Joust
Atari VCS
Controller: MODERN /
PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: DEFAULT
Play on: Real Hardware ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST December 31, 2022

Objective

Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or YouTube video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between December 1st through December 31, 2022.  Screen captures are not allowed as they are more easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility

This is a Club VCS Exclusive Challenge. All Club VCS players are welcome!

Play Rules

Games may be played on real Atari VCS hardware. Choosing which controller to play on is part of formulating your strategy. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level

We are playing Jetboard: Joust in the default  mode. Play as long as you can for the highest score possible!

Fair Play

Your integrity is everything. Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that we will not allow cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, deceitful photo manipulation, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage. Everybody hates a cheater.

More

To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: 

Welcome to our tenth Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge!!! For this challenge we're taking on Jetboard Joust!

Jetboard Joust is a fast-paced arcade action game by indie developer BitBull.  The game is a clear homage to Eugene Jarvis' excellent Defender.   Jetboard Joust takes the foundational elements of Jarvis’ classic and adds branching pathways, an intriguing upgrade system and fun joust mechanic to create an excellent modern arcade game!

Important note: Because of the unique way that Jetboard Joust handles continues, continues are allowed.  You may choose to play until you are out of continues.  You may also restart with teleports unlocked from a previous playthrough.

Summon the guardians and chart your path as you surf your way to a high score in this squad challenge!

Club VCS Recharged Squad Giveaway

This is the final game our second Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge Giveaway!

1)  All challenge participants will receive one (1) entry for each challenge in which they submit a valid score!

2) The top scorer of each challenge will receive two (2) additional entries - for a total of three (3) entries in a single challenge!

3) On Twitch or Youtube?  Stream or record and post your ClubVCS high score attempt for one (1) additional entry in each round.  You must post a public link to the video in the Challenge.

BUT ARE THERE BUTTONS? 

Yes! We've made another set of ClubVCS buttons to celebrate the games in this series. There will be two ways to get a button set.

1) Win a challenge.

2) Post a valid score to all challenges in the 5 game series.

Only one button set will be mailed per member during the series.

This contest is open to everybody, including Atari I/O Moderators, with a U.S. or Canada  mailing address. It's really easy, all you have to do is participate be a Club VCS member and participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges.

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Edited by Sabertooth

default_pole_position_blimp_big.gifCongratulations Sabertooth!

Congratulations to yours truly -  @Sabertooth - the winner of our Jetboard Joust Recharged Squad Challenge!

I took the top of the podium with my first Recharged Squad Challenge win and a crushing score of 382,113! @D.joe took second place with an excellent score of 140,337.  @Yorkies TV turned in a solid score of 46,748 to take third place! @stirrell had his personal best and took fourth with a score of 37,575!

As the winner of this round @Sabertooth will receive 3 entries in the controller giveaway! Everyone else will receive one entry!

I will be posting this high score on the Scoreboard so let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

Thanks also to @Marco1019 for getting the word out about this challenge!  If you haven't already, check him out on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/retrowithmarco!

I'm going to give myself a big ole pat on the back for an unusually strong showing. 😉

A big congratulations to the rest of the Squad!  Jetboard Joust is a true hidden gem on the VCS. It takes a familiar formula and successfully layers on modern gaming elements, combined with a distinctive art style and frenetic action to create a superb arcade experience.  Importantly, it's SUPER FUN! If I had a place to insert quarters in my VCS, I would have spent well over the $9.99 cost of entry. I hope that those who participated enjoyed exploring the game! 

NOTE: Our next Recharged Squad Challenge is VCTR-SCTR! Be there!

RSC 10 1JAN2023.jpg

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif