Recharged Squad Challenge 012 - Neo Breakout

On 2/8/2023 at 3:21 PM, RickR said:

They also have an excellent instruction manual integrated in the game.  They mention something called a "whammy" mode for extra points at the risk of a faster ball, but I'm not sure if we are able to use that with the Classic controller (it uses one of the shoulder buttons on the Modern). 

You can use the classic controller for it.  It uses the regular button to get it working.  I usually use it to get that last brick cause it goes straight up.  I tried it before in the middle of a round and it is tough.

1 minute ago, Stlrs95 said:

You can use the classic controller for it.  It uses the regular button to get it working.  I usually use it to get that last brick cause it goes straight up.  I tried it before in the middle of a round and it is tough.

Thanks.  I'll try it on my next round. 

I don't know about you all, but I like this game even better than "Breakout: Recharged".  It seems a lot more forgiving with extra balls at 10k. 

default_pole_position_blimp_big.gifCongratulations killersquirel!

Congratulations and a big ClubVCS welcome to @killersquirel, the winner of our Neo-Breakout Recharged Squad Challenge!

Killersquirel made his ClubVCS debut with a stunning score of 195,972!  I came in second with a wall busting score of 165,658.  @Mockduck had our first 100K break through and took third with a terrific score of 124,398!  @D.joe comes in fourth with 113,468!  @stirrell posted an 11th hour entry of 102,430 for 5th!  @Yorkies TV rounds out the 100K Club with 101,654!  @RickR and @Stlrs95 complete the scoreboard with 66,484 and 24,958, respectively!

As the winner of this round @killersquirel will receive 3 entries in the upcoming giveaway (prize TBA)!

Both @Mockduck and I ill receive two entries since we posted our attempts via Youtube. Everyone else will receive one entry!

I'd like to encourage killersquirel to post this high score on the Scoreboard so we can make sure this Challenge continues on!

Congratulations again to @killersquirelon an incredible showing! 

Also, a big congratulations to the rest of the Squad!  We had great participation this round and so many folks post 100K+ scores.  Well done!

Finally, thanks to @Ballistik for helping to get the word out about the Recharged Squad Challenge!

Neo-Breakout really captures the spirit of the original game and brings it into the modern era in a way that previous update attempts haven't.  It feels like Breakout but also very fresh somehow.  It also includes the very fun "Battle" mode.  Plus, the Classic Controller makes the VCS the place to play!   What did you think of the game?  Are there any other takes on the Breakout formula that you enjoy and would recommend?

NOTE: Our next Recharged Squad Challenge is Missile Command: Recharged (2022)! Be there!

RSC 12 1MAR2023.jpg

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif