Squad Challenge - Joust (Atari 2600)

Justin

17 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Those blue jousters are.quick but the gray ones are tricky.  They will go past you and then turn without warning.  The gray ones have killed me more than anything else in this game including the pterodactyl.

The gray enemies took some adjusting. The blue enemies will even zig-zag. They're so annoying lol.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Marco1019!

Congratulations to High Score Squad "Super Legend" @Marco1019 on his second win in a row! Marco takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an immensely impressive score of 267,650 points. Way to go on your performance, Marco! @RickR came in with a hot performance of his own, scoring an incredible 124,800 points and taking our 2nd spot on the board. 5200 MegaMaster @Atari 5200 Guy jousts his way to 3rd Place with a stellar score of 104,250 points! "The Mayor" @greenween joined us again, posting a score of 53,100 points, taking 4th Place on the board. VCS Guru @Sabertooth came in 5th Place with a solid 37,050 points, followed closely by @Stlrs95 who joins us again with a very nice score of 36,550 points, taking 6th Place in our Final Standings. The doctor is in the house once again, with @TrekMD rounding things out with 17,250 points in 7th! Congratulations once again to Marco for his 2nd BIG WIN in a row, and an incredible performance, and a huge congratulations to our wonderful community for giving us a tremendous turnout for this classic Atari 2600 game! I want to thank @RickR for nominating this game! I hope everybody had fun playing Joust for the Atari 2600!

A very special "Thank You" to @Sabertooth who is doing yeoman's work continuously hosting wonderful Squad Challenges and other fun events in our new Club VCS! Be sure to join Club VCS this month for their Missile Command Recharged Squad Challenge!

NOTE: Our next Squad Challenge is for the NES. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_joust.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Thank you as always, @Justin, for the kind words. As I believe I posted early on in this thread, I never imagined Joust would be released for the 2600!

I'm not sure if I will take part in March, but it's party for a good reason: I will be soon taking part in the Recharged Squad Challenge! I will (finally) unbox my new Atari VCS on a short Twitch stream tomorrow night, and I hope to get in a little gaming before preparing for my 100th show on Wednesday.

Oh, I also learned of another fun challenge called the Splash Wave Racing League. It's run on Twitter by Sharkabytes, and their latest challenge is Wipeout XL!

Edited by Marco1019
Spelling correction

We all did an awesome job.  Joust is hard no matter what and the 2600 version has got some big ones to deal with.  The eggs flying around are one thing, the enemy jousters in the 2600 version are tougher than those on the 5200 and 7800 versions.  2600 Joust is a solid game for sure.  I'm glad I have it.

1 hour ago, Sabertooth said:

welcome to the Club (VCS)

Club VCS had more participants than this 2600 challenge....very impressive!  A testament to that fine system and the work of @Sabertooth over in Club VCS.  Many thanks.

Excellent score here @Marco1019 and everyone else who competed.  Joust on 2600 is an incredible feat with fast gameplay and almost no flicker.