Wanna get into the TI-99/4A on the CHEAP?

- Ω -

Depending on how deep you want to get into the TI-99/4A, you can spend hundreds, close to a thousand actually, or go the CHEAP ROUTE if you simply want to play games.  How cheap you ask?  Well, for starters...

You can get << THIS SMALL MEMORY EXPANSION >> for for $29.00.  Yes, it's *CURRENTLY* on back order, but hey for $29.00 it's worth the wait right?

CheapUpgrade.JPG.13398d2833c4551e6027eaba4b9a4a9a.JPG

Yeah, I know, it doesn't look that great, but there IS a 3D printed case available << HERE >>.

CASE.JPG.db5873f1c151f37880899e9f0ac12ad2.JPG

Not bad looking eh?  Pair that with a FinalGROM cartridge and you'll be able to play 95% of all games ever made for the TI.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I never knew that Evie had a sidecar 32k expansion available? Would it still require the internal modification to use it with a speech module between it and the Ti?

I really like Evie's stuff so I'm quite likely to go this route although I would really need a case for it.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 hours ago, CrossBow said:

I never knew that Evie had a sidecar 32k expansion available? Would it still require the internal modification to use it with a speech module between it and the Ti?

I really like Evie's stuff so I'm quite likely to go this route although I would really need a case for it.

If you have a speech synthesizer, you would probably have to perform the power mod on the speech unit.  It's a super simple modification, all it requires is that you solder one little wire across from pin number one.  It takes all of 5 minutes.  If you want to see whats involved, jump to 1:30 of the video below.

WIRE.jpg.179dd559d50697a8a7f7ca78e800c59e.jpg

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 2/15/2023 at 7:11 AM, CrossBow said:

I never knew that Evie had a sidecar 32k expansion available?

Well @CrossBow, when you get one, let me know, because I printed one up for you the other day and will send it to you free of charge when you can use it.  Of course you'll have to supply your own screw and/or superglue.

CASE.jpg.a5c947b617f84b709946b383f50f7c5b.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

3 hours ago, - Ω - said:

Well @CrossBow, when you get one, let me know, because I printed one up for you the other day and will send it to you free of charge when you can use it.  Of course you'll have to supply your own screw and/or superglue.

CASE.jpg.a5c947b617f84b709946b383f50f7c5b.jpg

🤯

Are you kidding me?! That is very awesome of you and I appreciate that! I haven't order it as yet as I've been really busy with service requests and haven't had much time for myself LOL! but thank you again!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

9 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

No problem, what are online buddies for?

Well, thank you again! I actually just placed my order for the 32k Sidecar from Evie's side a bit ago. It is on backorder as you said, but then I'm still waiting on my 7800 adapter for the BackBit Pro cartridge too so maybe she will see it is me ordering something again, and be able to have them both ready.

I will let you know when I've got it. I will also be sure to run that jumper wire on my speech module so get the voltage passthrough going.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:11 AM, - Ω - said:

@CrossBow if I ordered one as well do you think it would speed up the back order wait?

I totally forgot to mention that I got my sidecar with my 7800 adapter for the BBpro just over a week ago now I think? I've done anything with the Ti since I'm knee deep with service work/commissions currently but it will be nice to finally check out my final grom and get this going to check it out in the future!

3 hours ago, CrossBow said:

I totally forgot to mention that I got my sidecar with my 7800 adapter for the BBpro just over a week ago now I think? I've done anything with the Ti since I'm knee deep with service work/commissions currently but it will be nice to finally check out my final grom and get this going to check it out in the future!

Excellent!  PM me your mailing address and I'll send the case off to you.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

12 hours ago, - Ω - said:

@CrossBow did you ever get your TI up and running?  I forget.

I have not! I do have the case you sent installed onto the 32k expansion I got from Evie at BackBit but no... just haven't had any time to get it setup. Been quite busy with a large commissioned services project that I'm finishing up as we speak and have a small stack of client requests in the waiting queue as well.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:37 AM, CrossBow said:

I have not! I do have the case you sent installed onto the 32k expansion I got from Evie at BackBit but no... just haven't had any time to get it setup. Been quite busy with a large commissioned services project that I'm finishing up as we speak and have a small stack of client requests in the waiting queue as well.

I can understand and relate to lack of time issues.  As if I didn't have enough to deal with my cellphone crapped out and had to buy a new one, I spent 6 hours today (time I didn't have) to get it it all configured the way I like it.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>