Recharged Squad Challenge 013 - Missile Command: Recharged (2022)

squad_challenge_text_purple_flat_w_logo.

Missile Command: Recharged (2022)
Atari VCS
Controller: MODERN CONTROLLER / CLASSIC CONTROLLER / PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Normal Game
Play on: Real Hardware ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST March 31, 2023

Objective

Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or YouTube video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between March 1st through March 31, 2023. Your high score submission should be the "Last Score" following the "The End" screen.  Screen captures are not allowed as they are more easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility

This is a Club VCS Exclusive Challenge. All Club VCS players are welcome!

Play Rules

Games may be played on real Atari VCS hardware. Choosing which controller to play on is part of formulating your strategy. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level

We are playing Missile Command: Recharged using the default difficulty setting. Spending points to power-up your abilities is a part of the game.  Players are encouraged to strategically power-up to increase their scores!

Fair Play

Your integrity is everything. Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that we will not allow cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, deceitful photo manipulation, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage. Everybody hates a cheater.

More

To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: 

Welcome to our 13th Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge!!! This marks the one year anniversary round for the Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge! In our very first round, we played the original Missile Command: Recharged released in 2020. 

This time, we're celebrating our anniversary with the 2022 update to the title: Missile Command: Recharged (2022)! Missile Command: Recharged is a reimagining of the beloved Atari arcade classic. Survive wave after wave of enemy attacks in this fast-paced, arcade action game. Players must defend their bases by shooting down an endless barrage of missiles hailing from the sky. Launch counter-missiles to protect your base and target powerups to gain an edge at critical moments. The first of Atari's Recharged series, Missile Command: Recharged effectively set the stage for things to come.  It took the basic premise of the arcade original, adds power-ups, a future-retro aesthetic and an endless arcade loop. The 2022 update enhances the visuals and adds a mission mode to bring the game in line with the rest of Atari's Recharged series. 

How long can you defend your cities against the enemy onslaught?

Club VCS Recharged Squad Contest

This game is the third title in our third Club VCS contest giveaway! Prize details will be announced shortly. 

1)  All challenge participants will receive one (1) entry for each challenge in which they submit a valid score!

2) The top scorer of each challenge will receive two (2) additional entries - for a total of three (3) entries in a single challenge!

3) On Twitch or Youtube?  Stream or record and post your ClubVCS high score attempt for one (1) additional entry in each round.  You must post a public link to the video in the Challenge.

BUT ARE THERE BUTTONS? 

Yes! We've made another set of ClubVCS buttons to celebrate the games in this series. There will be two ways to get a button set.

1) Win a challenge.

2) Post a valid score to all challenges in the 6 game series.

Only one button set will be mailed per member during the series.

This contest is open to everybody, including Atari I/O Moderators, with a U.S. or Canada  mailing address. It's really easy, all you have to do is participate be a Club VCS member and participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges.

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Edited by Sabertooth

Hello! After finding time to loacte the hotfix and to install Etcher in order to flash my  Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge! However, I say this with a caveat as I'm hoping I followed the challenge rules correctly.

Was I supposed to upgrade this game prior to playing? I just purchased the game and jumped right in. So if I did this correctly, then here's my entry of 16,425.

P.S. My VCS profile is Marco1019. I will do the follow-for-follow. I'm happy to join this community!

20230315_VCS MCRecharged 16425.jpg

Congratulations and a big ClubVCS Squad Challenge welcome to @Marco1019, the winner of our Missile Command: Recharged challenge!

Marco has been a member and friend to ClubVCS for some time and got his own VCS last month!  He makes his ClubVCS debut with an abosultely stunning score of 132,840!  @Mockduck defended his cities to take second with 39,000.  I staved off nuclear annihilation just long enough to eek out a third place finish at 35,038.  @Yorkies TV and @RickR round out the board, with "THE END" coming at 25,500 and 10,775, respectively. 

As the winner of this round @Marco1019will receive 3 entries in the upcoming giveaway (prize TBA)!

@Mockduck will receive two entries since he posted his attempts via Youtube. Everyone else will receive one entry!

I'd like to encourage Marco to post this high score on the Scoreboard so we can make sure this Challenge continues on!

Congratulations again to @Marco1019 an incredible showing! 

Also, a big congratulations to the rest of the Squad! 

Missile Command: Recharged (2022) is a great update to the 2020 version, bringing the game in line with the rest of the series and refining the gameplay, graphics and music.  Its tough as nails and the difficulty ramps up quick.  But, as in the original 1980 classic, there are no winners in nuclear war.  No matter how good you think you are, THE END is nigh!

NOTE: Our next Recharged Squad Challenge is Akka Arrh (2023)!  Be there!

image.png

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif

Edited by Sabertooth