Your game shrine? Mine is Runic's Torchlight

socrates63

I'm a fan of the games Torchlight and its sequel Torchlight II. It was created by Runic, a studio based in Seattle. Unfortunately, they closed their doors a few years ago.

T2 is on sale in the Switch eShop, and I picked it up yesterday and started playing it again. I previously played it on the PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One and played it more than once on each platform. I love the art style and the how the game plays. It's a simpler and a more casual version of a Diablo type game (I've only played the original Diablo on the PC back in the day). I bought the physical releases for the PC and the boxes are displayed in this small section of my game room. If there's merch for Torchlight, I'd probably acquire them to my collection.

Do you have a favorite game that you've collected for?

IMG_0432.jpeg.761cc994563772d1db06a7318910e842.jpeg

I have the first Torchlight on my Steam account and played quite a bit of it on my PC years ago. But then I got to a point where I either didn't know how to progress or couldn't get past a certain spot and my frustration had me put it down and I've never really gotten back to it again. 

Odd too considering I played through Diablo 3 all the way through on at least the first two difficulties. I can remember thinking about getting the sequel but never did pull the trigger since I never finished the first game.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

On 3/9/2023 at 7:47 AM, RickR said:

I haven't even heard of Torchlight.  Looks like a game I should check out. 

I collect for the game "Portal", although all I've really kept are several posters. 

If you like Diablo, you should definitely check it out. I just finished playing Torchlight 2 again on the Xbox One after finishing it on the Switch.

Now that I got Torchlight out of my system, I think Portal will be the next game I try. I picked it up for the Switch recently when it was on sale (not that I don’t have Portal for other platforms still played 🙄 😂). I’ve heard for it years that it’s so good, but I’m not a big fan of spatial puzzle type games.

On 3/9/2023 at 8:54 AM, CrossBow said:

I have the first Torchlight on my Steam account and played quite a bit of it on my PC years ago. But then I got to a point where I either didn't know how to progress or couldn't get past a certain spot and my frustration had me put it down and I've never really gotten back to it again. 

Odd too considering I played through Diablo 3 all the way through on at least the first two difficulties. I can remember thinking about getting the sequel but never did pull the trigger since I never finished the first game.

There are wikis and walkthroughs that can help you. Try again, Jesse, but start with the second game.

I need to play Diablo 3. I’ve only played the first two, and it was so long ago that I want to play them again. I bought the first two for the Switch when they were on sale not too long ago.

2 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I’ve heard for it years that it’s so good, but I’m not a big fan of spatial puzzle type games.

I hope you like it.  The story keeps you going, and that whole thing really revs up in Portal 2.  Personally, I like the slow ramp up of difficulty and also how you can take as much time as you want.  

12 hours ago, socrates63 said:

There are wikis and walkthroughs that can help you. Try again, Jesse, but start with the second game.

I need to play Diablo 3. I’ve only played the first two, and it was so long ago that I want to play them again. I bought the first two for the Switch when they were on sale not too long ago.

Sooo... funny thing happened last night. I was thinking about this thread and decided on a whim to fire up torchlight last night. Turns out I was like on floor 31 of the dungeon on my way to the final boss encounter apparently? I say this because at first I went in the wrong direction and was on floor 28 before realizing I needed to go down further. So I did, and had an encounter with some dark wizard dude. Well, due to the weapons I have equipped and abilities, my character was actually pretty OP at this point. As most of the dragonkin would die in like 3 shots of my lightning blast that I had equipped. So pretty much I was apparently able to run around Palpatine style to take out enemies. Well I go back to town and finally knock out a few more quests I had laying around and went back to the waypoint portal. Made it one more floor and fought the big back dude. 

Now, he was absolutely taking me out in no time because of the vast amount of enemies he would rush at me. Especially those crazy elemental skeletons! Well, I happen to figure out that if I stood back behind the portal at the end of the floor, that the big boss's melee attacks seem to mostly miss me and due to how close he was to me, he wasn't launching other enemies at me. Once I found this happy bug, I was able to take him out with a combo of my melee strikes (That would register), and my lightning blast against him. Beat him, and the game apparently.

Now there are a few more corrupted enemies and additional floors to explore that are much more buff than those I was encountering before. But yeah, fun Diablo style game and it actually has me looking forward to Diablo IV once that is released.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections