Retro HQ 7800 GD Cart

Sabertooth

4 hours ago, OniDensetsu said:

How much of the original chipset is this device using? Is it all FPGA emulation or?

Pretty much just the power, CPU, controller logic functions of the console. The video output is simulated based on the cartridge data being executed. It works similar to how Krikzz Famicom RGB blaster cartridge works providing RGB from a Famicom without console modification. That is also how all of the audio options are able to work as well.

It will be a very impressive device once released and that release time is near. One word to mention is that the RGB output is just that RGB output only. Even though there is a Sega 9-pin mini din being used, it doesn't provide composite output and instead has c-sync on that pin so that other cables can be used that need it. Like HDRetrovision cables and the Rad2X for instance.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

They will be available through Stone Age Gamer as Trek linked above, but they will also be in the AA store as well in time. I suspect they might be cheaper in the AA store for those willing to wait. I've added my email of course but not sure if I will be able to get in on the initial batch of them once they get released to the masses.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections