Starpath Supercharger seems kind of cool....

MaximumRD

40 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

That is cool.  I love the Supercharger.  🙂  Wrote an article about it for The Retro Gaming Times and an expanded one for Old School Gamer.  

Thank you TrekMD I'd like to read your articles please share the links! 🙂 

I am helping with a colorful coffee table book a French company CoteGamer is putting together on the SuperCharger, it is the sequel to a previous version (also in French) about the SuperCharger here.

I'm very surprised the SuperCharger didn't get wider adoption bitd, games like Survival Island (prototype) and Swords of Saros really started to tap the potential for the large games, maybe it just made the VCS too much like a real computer system where anyone could copy the games.

ATARI FLASHBACK BASIC! Make games for the AFP with awesome  graphics, animation and a built in tracker/sequencer! Compatible with all Atari consoles! The IDE is already installed on your PC! Atari Flashback BASIC is cross compatible with the SuperCharger too! :)

AFB games can be recompiled with no changes using the SuperCharger BASIC compiler, available at Relationalframework.com/vwBASIC

Hey @Mr SQL, the article on The Retro Gaming Times can be found here:  The Retrogaming Times Tenth Issue - September 2017 - Page Two

The article on Old School Gamer is on issue 8.  I'm not sure that you can see that issue for free anymore online.  But here is the main page of that magazine:  https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/

The SuperCharger was the victim of the the video game crash, unfortunately.  I would have loved to see more arcade ports like what they did with Frogger. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...