Yo-Yo

Your first car

I thought it would be cool if we could post photos and share stories of our first car :)

My first car was AMC Eagle 4 x 4 station wagon. I think it was a 1986 model. AMC owned Jeep then and put a Jeep powertrain in an older AMC Sportabout wagon design. It had lots of power, room for all your gear, drove like a car and it could plow through mud and snow like a Jeep. My friends and I would take this on camping trips and tailgates and had lots of good times at a drive in movie theater that was still around back then. I can't find a picture of it right this sec but here's what it looked like in the brochure:

post-138-0-86583600-1440963357_thumb.jpg

I had a POS 4 door 72 Chevy Nova that got handed down to me. My friends were embarrassed to be seen in that car. The best thing about the car was because it was such a POS I used to go flying down this one country road that had a hill that I would floor it and go airborne.

No photos, thankfully, but mine was a 1980 Buick Regal which I bought in the summer of 1992. It was a boat and did not run well. I don't think I spent more than $500 on it, so I guess I should have been happy it ran at all. I certainly don't have any fond memories of the six months I had it.

I don't have any original pictures of me and my first car any more, I don't think, but it was a 1976 Monte Carlo with a 400 big-block and Quadro-Jet 4-barrel carb. It was Canary yellow. Net picture below, just imagine that in yellow, and a guy with long, dirty blond hair and wearing a leather biker jacket with a Camel sticking out of his mouth and you have me. Of course I owned it in about '86. God, I loved that car and beat the living hell out of it street racing and doing dry pavement donuts and we (me and buddies) would hold the brakes and spin the tires on our cars to see who could do the biggest smoke show, in the high school parking lot of course, until the principal broke it up! I went through a LOT of used tires on that car, and surprisingly, never blew the motor or dropped the transmission! I did drive it through the woods once, just stoned and drunk, :wreck-it-ralph:  with a load of friends, and nearly wedged it between two trees! I made it through, but had big dents and scrapes down both sides of it after that!  :unsure:  :rofl:

post-878-0-71567900-1448480217.jpg

Edited by Bakerman

I can't find my pictures of it, but my first car is...... *sigh* a 1981 Camaro Z28. Jet black with the red Z28 stripe kit, 5.7 with an edelbrock 4 barrel carb, dual flowmasters, t-tops, a B&M shift kit, and white letter BF goodrich radials. In pristine condition and I pampered it. The most badass car I have ever owned in my life it was LOUD and sick!! 1979-1981 Camaros and Trans Ams are my favorite cars of all time. I seriously cried my head off when I sold it after 5 years owning it. I loved her so much! Had an '87 IROC-Z after it.

post-832-0-29739400-1448665945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Retrogamer81081

Here's my first car...1992 Chevy Corsica LT. No-frills car, just pretty basic...although I did upgrade the AM/FM radio to AM/FM/cassette, like, the day after I got it in 1997. :)

Picture must have been taken in 1998. I had just bought a Kodak DC-25, featuring a high resolution of...640 x 480. :) I got that camera because it was Amiga-compatible. I carried that camera everywhere. This picture was taken in the parking lot of Sharp Electronics in Romeoville, Illinois, where I worked at the time. I took a picture because in that huge parking lot, it was a rare day you'd get a parking space so close to the entrance; I needed to capture the moment for posterity! The bumper stickers are from The Kat 105.5, the radio station where I was a weekend disc jockey.

Had the car until I traded it in for a brand new 2002 Saturn SL2.

post-920-0-02264900-1481430015.jpg

Edited by dauber

My first car was a blue 1987 Yugo GV. I've always been fascinated by anything quirky and, frankly, it was the only car my 16 year old self could afford working partime after school at Kroger. I picked it up for $400 and sold six months later for $500, under parental pressure to get something "safer." Safer, apparently meant an '84 Ford Tempo with power steering issues. I don't have a picture of my Yugo but it looked like this one:

post-65-0-66483600-1482160340_thumb.jpeg

My first car, I had to share with my older sister.  It didn't work out so well.  It was a 76 Olds Delta 88.  I don't have a pic of it but mine (ours) was white.  I fit eleven people in that car one time during high school.  I loved that car.  It hardly failed to start up during those frigid Chicago winters.  I wouldn't mind driving one today if it weren't for the horrendous gas mileage...

100_5364.jpg

Edited by Mcorleonep