Remember the Alamo and the Atari

AlamoAtari

I am a retired service member. I was cleaning out my garage a few weeks ago and came across my old Atari stuff. I found my new hobby and learned about this forum from watching the no swear gamer. I now have introduced the Atari to my children and am remembering how much fun I used to have as a kid. I live in San Antonio. Love to hear from you guys.

Thank you for your service AlamoAtari and welcome to the forums! We're glad you joined us! That's incredibly cool that you've introduced your children to the world of Atari. I hope more parents of the Atari generation will be sharing classic games with their kids as well. I really hope you'll enjoy your time here, make the most of Atari and maybe make some new friends along the way.

A special thank you is in order to No Swear Gamer for getting the word out and mentioning Atari I/O in his latest review, we have yet another new member in the forums because of his generosity. 

Welcome Alamo!   I too am from the great state of Texas, just 3 1/2 hours up IH-10 near Beaumont!

The Mrs. has lots of family in San Antonio, so we do visit sometimes.

Any chance you'll be coming to the Arcade Expo in Houston this year?   I know a couple of us from here will be there. 

Welcome again!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Nov 13-14 in Houston

www.arcadecenter.com

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Ok collection time, I have a working 7800, but the light 6er that I have does not work. I also have the plug and play joystick that has some games on it, it's hard to play paddle games with the joystick. As far as individual carts here we go.

Adventure, air sea battle, asteroids, Atlantis, baseball, basketball, battle zone, berserk, blackjack, bowling, breakout, canyon bomber, centipede, checkers, championship soccer, chopper command, circus Atari, coco nuts, combat, commando raid, cosmic ark, crystal castles, decathlon, defender, donkey kong, dragon fire, enduro, ET, flag capture, football, frogger, frogs and flies, Grand Prix, haunted house, human cannonball, ice hockey, Indy 500, journey escape, joust, Jr. Pac man, jungle hunt, kaboom, keystone kapers, koolaid man,, lock n chase, mash, maze, mega force, mega mania, missile command, moon patrol, mouse trap, ms. Pad man, night driver, othello, outlaw, outer space, pac man, pitfall, planet patrol, pole position, qbert, raiders of the lost ark, reactor, real sports baseball, real sports football, real sports volleyball, riddle of the Sphinx, river raid, sea quest, sentinel, skeet shoot, skiing, sky diver, Sky jinks, sneak n peek, Solaris, solar fox, space attack, space jockey, space invaders, space war, squeeze box, stampede, star raiders,star master, star ship, Star Wars arcade game, Star Wars Jedi arena, Star Wars return of the Jedi, street racer, super breakout, supper challenge football, superman, surround, sword quest earth world, sword quest fire world, tank plus, target fun, tennis, trick shot, vanguard, venture, video chess, video olympics, video pinball, warlords, winter games, worm war I, and yar's revenge.

Ace of aces, ball blazer, chop lifter, crossbow, dark chambers, desert falcon, dig dug, fatal run, food fight, galaga, hat trick, Mario bros, ms. Pac man, one on one basketball, pole position II, real sports baseball, robotron 2084, winter games, and xevious.

As a kid I had a Nintendo, but I ended up with the Atari, most of my games were from goodwill when they were a quarter a piece. The 7800 and all its games are my wife's. Anyway, I also have a lot of original instructions for the games, but no complete in box or sealed games. I don't think that I could resist the temptation to open up a sealed game, the that has to be the kid in me. I do have a Xbox 360 and a wii.

Welcome to the forums AlamoAtari! You're a great addition to this community. That story about having a Nintendo as a kid but ending up with an Atari is intriguing. Glad you're here  :pole_position_blimp:

I guess what I should have said was that I had both the Atari and Nintendo growing up. My sister took the Nintendo and I got the Atari.

Archived