Navigating ISO Zone safely.

MaximumRD

So I downloaded a bunch more. MAME, Colecovision, Intellivision & Stella. I was only able to get Stella to work, but I'm not a fan. I tried Journey Escape & the sound was all choppy, so I'm guessing there's issues.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, as I followed the same steps I did with NESTER.

Not sure, success can vary burning discs for Dreamcasts. For any particular one always good to post in the thread of that download to see if anyone else had issues. 

In general though emulators are hit or miss on Dreamcast, anything more than say NES can be choppy or have frame-rate issues. Other times even something as old as 2600 it is just up to the quality of the emulator or the port of it to Dreamcast. I was always more into unreleased games like Propeller Arena or even Half Life that you can play now on Dreamcast. Homebrew and emulators you just never know until you try. There may be options for skipping frames and such just depends on the particular emulator. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Thanks Max.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread, but what's considered the best platform for emulation? I have a Mac & have OpenEMU, which is okay for consoles (whenever I'm actually able to get my PS3 controller to sync up) but I can't figure out how to get MAME to work on there.

I don't have a Wii anymore & it doesn't look like the Dreamcast is going to work for my needs, so I'm guessing the Mac is the best option.

I'm going to look into those Dreamcast games. Thanks again Max!!

I know a original modded Xbox kicks ass for emulation for sure. Of course a Windows PC is probably the best all round. I don't have a MAC or any experience with that but likely your best option would be MAC. I like the fact one can emulate on Dreamcast but even still I always considered it to be a bit of a novelty more than anything. Though you might want to just keep an eye open and see peoples comments, I think some pretty good compilations have been put together and uploaded there so keep the option open. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Thanks Max.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread

Indeed, and with that in mind see THIS thread for your needs (at least regarding MAC) I know nothing of it but hopefully those that do will chime in but I think it might be off to a good start for you StormSurge  ;)

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/957-emulating-console-gaming-platforms-on-a-mac/

- M. Bison

Thanks guys!

I actually have a modded Xbox. A buddy who is a network engineer, so he knows his way around PCs, tried to help me load a MAME emu on it but he couldn't figure it out.

It was a hand-me-down, so all it has is a bunch of XBox games on it & no EMUs.  :P

Anyone willing to receive a package from me & load it up with the necessities for a fee?  :wub: