Alan Alda used an Atari Touch Tablet and you should have too

Justin

Blade Runner...one of my all-time favorite movies. It's cool to see Atari splashed in the backgrounds...sadly a future that never was...only 4-5 years to catch up to that movie's time frame...will we have flying vehicles and Androids in time? I have the original and directors cuts on VHS, Laserdisc and the final cut on DVD. And an HD version of the final cut I recorded to DVR off Direct TV. I've only watched it about 200 times...still got a few hundred more to go before I ever get sick of it.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Ahh yes, I very much have great fond memories of the Atari Touch-Pad, trying to figure as a kid, how the hell did it know where my brush was on the pad on the TV?. lol. I created some cool images with the Atari Touch-Pad and a copy of Kola-Paint Happy days ;)

shame that this was over 30 years ago now..but yes, if Alan Alda was man enough to take Atari's Cheque then it had to be worth it! :)

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

At least in that picture the Atari system is all hooked up with cables running out the back, etc., not some "photo-op" shot with a fake picture on the TV screen. I think Alan is actually using it, if even only long enough to scribble on the touch tablet and have the picture taken!

Alan Alda- As Hawkeye: " I could have used one of these at the 4077th! For what, I don't know, but I'm sure Frank would have protested, and Hot-lips too, and that's all that matters!"

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

I have a Koala Pad, which is pretty similar in design. 

Koala Pad for my TRS-80/Radio Shack Color Computer 2 owner here too!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Archived