Who else is a TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine fan?

RetroTech

I don't know about all of you, but I'm very fond of the TurboGrafx and the PC engine. I've been collecting for awhile now, but not as long as my Atari era stuff.

What are some of your guys/gals favorite games? If I had to pick just one, I'd say Legendary Axe. I'm mostly a fan of shmups on the system, but Legendary Axe was the game that got me into collecting for the system.

How about you?

post-99-0-11434100-1414461368.jpg

post-99-0-11434100-1414461368_thumb.jpg

I post pictures and videos regularly of retro games, hardware, and mods/fixes on Instagram. Feel free to follow me @PVGLuke

I had a turbografx years ago and I absolutely loved Bonk's Adventure.  

Here recently I traded for a PC engine and some games.  Right now out of the handful of games I own my favorite is Alien Crush.  I'm really looking to get back into playing games for this console as it has a certain charm that I love (even if I can't explain it well) and some killer games that you can't really find elsewhere.

I'm on Instagram! @AtariToday

I have a turbo grafx-16. I love it. It's a weird system. I like that it's weird! In some ways its amazing and in other ways it doesn't make sense. When it came out in the USA it was such an obvious step forward from the NES. Yet it doesn't make sense to me that they made it so big when the PC Engine was so tiny. How cool! It doesn't make sense to me that for all of the great games they had in Japan, they didn't translate well into games for the USA. Kato and Ken is a good example. Then the Genesis happened. The turbo grafx, the duo, and the express were all awesome. I wish I had a larger collection.

I have two TG-16's, both do composite A/V without the official add-on as they have been modded. No original HuCards (I gave those away  ;) ) which is fine since I have a TurboEverdrive so I can load any PCengine / TG16  game up and play on the TG16! Some great games for sure! 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I don't know about all of you, but I'm very fond of the TurboGrafx and the PC engine. 

@RetroTech the TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine are some of my all-time favorite systems! For many years I had a website called TurboGrafx-16.com that was a sister-site to this one. I made the mistake one year of forgetting to renew the domain and I lost my entire site. It was terrible.  -_-  Someone created a site mirror of it though, which is still available here: http://turbo.emuunlim.org/systems.htm

Even though I designed the TurboGrafx site almost 15 years ago I'd still like to get it back online. We'll see.. So glad to see so much enthusiasm on this site for the TurboGrafx & PC Engine though!

Right here baby!  Loved this system, still have it, still play it.  Playing the base, but some where, in a box, is my Duo… I need to find that puppy and play some Rondo.

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

Though  never owned one back in the day a friend and I rented it from the local video store. With Keith Courage and I cannot recall what else but I DO definitely remember being impressed with the colors, speed and big sprites! Otherwise I did not know ANYBODY who actually owned one and though I thought it was awesome I did not have access to much back then so I think getting one for myself just seemed too scary because there just did not seem to be any support here in Canada. If only I knew than what I know now about how it would be great for collectors purposes as well as awesome games. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

J.J. and Jeff (hilarious)

I thought it was hilarious too! It's one of my favorite games for the TurboGrafx-16. What's funnier though is the Japanese version of the game, Kato-chan and Ken-chan for PC Engine. Kato-chan and Ken-chan was a popular comedy show in Japan at the time, and a lot of the humor was lost in translation especially because American audiences didn't know the show. Plus, a lot of the humor in Kato and Ken got censored out of J.J. and Jeff, they would urinate and throw crap on people and stuff, there was a lot of "toilet humor" in the Japanese game that didn't make it into the American game :(

The TurboGrafix16 is a system I always meant to get, but never did. I actually had a chance to get EVERTHING, including all the peripherals back in '96/97 at a swap meet in Orange county when I lived in SoCal, for a pittance, but I turned it down because I was collecting other systems actively at the time. Man was that a stupid move on my part, though i don't know if it worked or not, one reason I turned it down too. 

I do plan on getting one someday soon. Being such a fan of underrated and failed systems that I am, I'm sure I'll love it.

Maybe I'll get lucky and win it in the trivia, I'm usually pretty good at trivia...on most topics at least. So are announcements made of these events outside of their own sub-forums? I often get busy or forget areas and overlook things. I've been scouring Atari i/o lately, but that's not always the case for me.

Edited by Bakerman

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Ringing the bell; I got a Turbo last Christmas with a Turbo Everdrive, and I've been having a blast with it! I still don't have a CD drive for it, but maybe I'll get one at some point.

I got to play a Turbo at the console arcade next to my house in 1990. I remember playing Bonk, Galaga 90, and Blazing Lasers. None of my friends or family owned the system, so this was the only way I got to experience it. I always wanted one when I was a kid, but unfortunately it wasn't in the budget. Having one and playing it now has been a great experience!