SUMMER RENTAL - The Retroist Podcast

The Professor

post-7-0-71990800-1441680683_thumb.jpg

One of our favorite podcasts has a new episode online! This week's episode is about Summer Rental, the 1985 comedy film, directed by Carl Reiner and starring John Candy.

The film's plot surrounds overworked air-traffic controller Jack Chester and his family. Jack is given four weeks vacation, as an alternative to being fired after nearly causing a mid-air collision on the job. He uses this time off to take his wife Sandy and children Jennifer, Bobby, and Laurie on a summer vacation from the Atlanta area to the Gulf Coast resort town of Citrus Cove, Florida, where they are constantly beset by a never-ending barrage of problems. Summer Rental was released on August 9, 1985 by Paramount Pictures and featured an original music score composed for the film by Alan Silvestri.

The Retroist is a fantastic podcast, and it's long-been a personal favorite among the Mods here at the site for many years. I hope you'll find the time this weekend to maybe put on a great game, tune in and listen to this great podcast. Maybe it'll become a weekend routine!

Listen to the Retroist Podcast here:

https://ia801501.us.archive.org/30/items/retroistsummerrental/Retroist-191-Summer-Rental.mp3

You can also search iTunes for Retroist Podcast, or visit The Retroist here:

http://www.retroist.com/2015/09/07/retroist-summer-rental/

Here's what The Retroist had to say about the episode:

Retroist Podcast – Episode 191 – Summer Rental

On today’s show, I start off by talking about how my family would change completely when we took longer vacations “down the shore” and why I think it is a good idea for all families to have similar vacations. Then I start talking about the subject of this episode, the 1985 comedy gem, “Summer Rental”. I talk about the people in front of and behind the camera, the stars, the plot, the locations and much more. I am joined this week by metagirl who shares John Candy’s top 5 films of all times.

post-7-0-58083200-1441681135_thumb.jpg

Archived