New arcade games?

Jimbronie

Now, I never was a big arcade guy. (Didn't have money and my parents would never give me any quarters to spend) but I did play some arcade games back in the day.

Arcades at my local malls have long since disappeared. The only places I ever saw them (in the past 10-15 years) were on the boardwalks at the shores in NJ and MD. I haven't been to the shore in about 5 years.

Are arcade games still being made? Last I remember seeing was a dance dance revolution at my local movie theater.

I'm sure there are more but the only one that really sticks out in my mind as of recent is Killer Queen and it's a 10-person multiplayer team Joust-like game, total blast to play! Put in a lot of time with it at Midwest Gaming Classic earlier this year and it was just a hit with the girlfriend, daughter and newphew. We tracked one down locally at a LAN gaming center but I've yet to make it over and have some more time on it.

http://killerqueenarcade.com/

post-181-0-49866300-1438902669_thumb.jpg

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Are arcade games still being made? Last I remember seeing was a dance dance revolution at my local movie theater.

Yes, go to a Dave & Buster's, they buy the latest video games (Angry Birds Arcade, Jurassic Park Arcade, Star Wars Battle Pod, Candy Crush Sega Arcade, etc) and they have the recent ones too - Temple Run, Pac-Man Battle Royale, Dark Escape 4D <My fav!!!!

Still waiting for the new D&B to open in New Orleans!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Archived