Intellivision 2609 - Mount Board PCB Info and Use

CrossBow

Sometime back I designed a two PCB set to help with installing mini din connectors in my Intellivision service work. I had requests from others to provide these files so that the PCBs can be used by all that might want to use them. Here is a link to the PDF guide that details the assembly process for the PCBs for use in the Intellivision 2609 model consoles. These can also be used on the Super Pro System and INTV III consoles as they are designed for installing in place of the RF modulator to provide a no cut solution for AV upgrades.

Link to 2609 mount board assembly PDF guide

The advantage of these mount boards is that being a 2 part PCB means I can use the same bottom base PCB for both model 2609 and INTV II consoles. With only the top PCB portion being different. Here is an example install I did very recently showing one of the completely mount board setups in place in a 2609 Intellivision that received an RGB upgrade. Here I used a 9pin mini din for the RGB and audio, but also the 9pin allows for composite to be wired up. This means that any Sega Genesis/MD model 2 AV cable setup can be used.

mnt_sample_complete_install.jpg.cf95e627b0b6028893873b8cd84d9dfc.jpg

And the mount board has room to allow for aligning the mini din connector to be as centered as much as is possible.

mntbrd_final_results.jpg.77d2c9db973adbd402c62b7f260a77f7.jpg

I've also attached the PDF to this post to make it easier. Links for the gerber files to have PCBs made up can be found within the PDF. I do plan to make something similar for the INTV II model consoles as those have their own mount board PCB setup but is similar to build and use as the one shown here.

I've also released a video on my YT channel going through the assembly process and use of the mount PCBs into an actual 2609 model console I recently finished up for a client. The lighting is horrible on this as I had the exposure set way to high, but didn't really noticed until the very end so I apologize for that. Still, it shows detailed enough on how to use these PCBs.

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections