Dune (shame on Amazon)

Recently I watched a movie on Amazon that said "Dune" (no part one was mentioned).  Anyway the price was only $3.79 so, why not?  Well, when you get to the end, you find out it was only part one.  Well now they have part 2 out, but they want a minimum of $24.95 to watch it.  It's cheaper in the theatre!

I dunno about you guys, but it looks deviously greedy to me.

ShameAmazon.jpg.733c9dbb0a7a1e14f853166c4b006f5f.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I mean this is a known thing.  The "new" version of Dune came out in 2021 and was excellent.  But it was only 1/2 of the story.  The second part is out in theaters now, and I imagine it will be cheap to rent once the theatrical run is done. 

It is common for theater movies to cost about $25 to stream.  Greedy?  Maybe.  But it will be normal priced in a few months. 

What did you think of that first part?

I have part 2 on hold at the library (blu-ray), and once that is released I'll get it when it becomes available.

34 minutes ago, RickR said:

I mean this is a known thing.  The "new" version of Dune came out in 2021 and was excellent.  But it was only 1/2 of the story.  The second part is out in theaters now, and I imagine it will be cheap to rent once the theatrical run is done. 

It is common for theater movies to cost about $25 to stream.  Greedy?  Maybe.  But it will be normal priced in a few months. 

What did you think of that first part?

I have part 2 on hold at the library (blu-ray), and once that is released I'll get it when it becomes available.

I didn't know it was a known thing, getting old I guess.  As for cheap, yeah I'll wait.  If I was not sick at home today I'd go to the 7pm showing as it's Tuesday and prices are slashed on Tuesday.

BetterPrice.JPG.d812eafdc866e39ab9fdc22577aff789.JPG

As for how I enjoyed it, it's okay, much better than the Dino De Laurentiis version, but not quite as good as the SciFi Channel version.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Tuesday is a great day for going to the movies!  It is cheap night in most places.

I hope you feel better soon. 

Regarding the expensive streaming for first run movies, I'd never do it myself.  But imagine you have a BIG tv and sound system at home and a whole bunch of family and friends that want to watch with you.  BOOM.  Bargain.  I think if you've got 4 people or more, it's cheaper to stream.